(单词翻译:单击)
Woman:It doesn't matter how much you spend, that's the important thing.
女:不管花多少钱,这一点至关重要 。
Woman: I agree - the crucial things are good design and a strictly limited amount of relevant information.
女:我同意,关键是要有好的设计和严格限制的相关信息 。
Man: And these days we all have so many numbers! Office number, home phone, fax, email …
男:现在,我们都有好多号码!办公室号码、家庭电话、传真、电子邮件等等 。
Woman: Home phone?
女:家庭电话?
Man: Yes, really, some people do -
男:是的,有些人真的会写-
Woman: I'd just go for the fax -
女:我会写上传真-
Man: - as long as it's direct.
男人:-只要是直拨的就行 。
And job titles is another tricky one.
工作头衔是另一个棘手的问题 。
Some people love them, others just want to know what qualifications you have.
有些人狂爱头衔,有些人则只想知道你的资历 。
It depends on who you're dealing with.
这取决于你和谁打交道 。
Woman: Don't forget, too, that they mean different things in different places.
女:还要记得,它们在不同的地方意味着不同的东西 。
Even a title like Vice President can mean someone very senior in one country -
即使是像副总裁这样的头衔,也可能在某个国家是指资历深厚的人-
Man: - and nothing very special in another, so they can lead to confusion.
男:-而在另一个国家却没什么特别之处,所以头衔会导致混乱 。
Woman: Right. Now everyone seems to be using mobile phones - any points you'd like to make about them?
女:没错 。现在每个人似乎都用手机,关于手机有什么要谈的吗?
Woman: Oh yes, Sarah - you need to choose your phone very carefully.
女:哦,是的,莎拉,你得非常小心地选择手机 。
People are usually obsessed about all the wrong things -
人们通常总是关注不到正确的点-
Man: - colour, weight, how long the battery's going to last, has it got a nice case...
男:颜色、重量、电池续航时间、漂亮的外壳......
Woman: - when what they should be looking at is the service offered.
女:-他们应该考虑的是提供的服务 。
For example, how easily and cheaply can you retrieve your calls, get your messages -
例如,是否能轻松且便宜地检索呼叫号码、收到消息-
Man: - because that can make all the difference.
男:-因为那会让一切变得完全不同 。