(单词翻译:单击)
Woman: Could you tell us how you started with Hacker?
女:能给我们讲讲你是怎么创建的骇客公司吗?
Man: I got into Hacker almost by accident.
男:我几乎是偶然间进入骇客公司的 。
I was chief executive of a meat trading firm called FMC Harris, which was subject to a hostile take-over.
我曾是一家名为FMC哈里斯的肉类贸易公司首席执行官,这家公司遭到恶意收购 。
At 9am one morning my boss was fired, and by 9.10am I was out too.
一天早上九点钟,我的老板被解雇了 。
I spent eight weeks with no job, a wife and children to support, and a house to pay for.
到九点十分时,我也被解雇了 。我失业了八周,我要养活妻子和孩子,还要还房贷 。
Then I was approached by Hacker to set up a UK branch for them.
后来,骇客公司联系我,他们想设立一家英国分公司 。
I was reluctant at first, but after a trip to Hacker's headquarters in the US to discuss it, I was chasing them!
起初我很不情愿去做,但在去了美国总部和他们讨论之后,我努力和他们合作!
Woman: It's a big company. Who do you actually work with on a daily basis?
女:这是一家大公司,你每天都和谁一起工作呢?
Man: The rest of the management team arrives at around 9am.
男:管理层的其他人大约上午9点到公司 。
I work closely with a team of six, including my PA, Alice Lang.
我和一个六人团队紧密合作,成员包括项目助理艾丽斯·郎 。
She is an integral part of the management system. I was lucky to find her, as it's almost impossible to find the right person for the job.
她是管理层不可或缺的一部分 。我很幸运能找到她,因为几乎找不到适合这份工作的人 。
The ideal employee is someone who is willing to work hard and someone who can adapt to the way we work.
理想的员工是一位愿意努力工作的人,同时还能够适应我们的工作方式 。
Woman: Uh-huh. Right, so let's get you up to lunch-time.
女:嗯 。好吧,我们来聊聊你的午餐时间吧 。
After your early start, you must be ready for lunch quite early, too.
你那么早起床,午餐也一定很早就吃了吧 。
Man: Yes, though the actual time varies from day to day.
男:是的,虽然实际午餐时间每天都不一样 。
I try to avoid business lunches because I still have the afternoon ahead to contend with.
但我尽量避免吃商务餐,因为我还有整个下午要应付 。
I don't enjoy lengthy meals. So I usually just have a sandwich in the office with Alice.
我不喜欢花很长时间吃午餐,所以我通常和艾丽斯在办公室吃三明治 。