(单词翻译:单击)
Man: Well, after a long time teaching I thought - no I knew - I needed to move on, do something else, and it had to be a good idea to set up my own operation.
男:在教了很长时间书后,我想我要继续前行,做点别的事情了 。如果能创立我自己的公司,会是一个很好的主意 。
You only have to look around Central London to see the demand.
只需要环顾伦敦市中心看看有什么需求就行了 。
Everybody's learning English and more and more business people need it.
每个人都在学英语,越来越多的商务人士都需要英语 。
I had worked in business for a number of years and knew I had the experience to make it work.
我在商界工作了很多年,知道怎么让它成功 。
The one big drawback to the whole plan was that no-one was interested in lending me money.
整个计划的一大障碍是,没人愿意借给我钱 。
It was hopeless. I wasted so much time going to different banks without success.
真是让我感到绝望 。我浪费了好多时间跑不同的银行,但都没有成功 。
I was just about to give up when I read about the Government Start-up scheme.
就在我准备放弃的时候,我读到有关政府扶持初创公司的计划 。
If they like your idea they give you money.
如果政府对你的想法感兴趣,就会拨给你钱 。
I was lucky. It's a great success.
我很幸运,这是一个巨大的成功 。
Woman: It started as a group of friends getting together and talking about a common problem.
女性:一开始就是一群朋友聚在一起讨论一个共同的问题 。
The high cost of business trips and the need for a reasonable package.
出差成本高,需要价格合适的套餐服务 。
Once people know you are going away on business they think you have unlimited funds for it.
当人们知道你要出差时,就会认为你有充裕的资金 。
And we all knew from our own experience that quite the opposite is true when you work for yourself.
我们从自己的经历中都知道,当你为自己工作时,情况恰恰相反 。上
So we decided to start something ourselves.
所以,我们决定自己来做些事 。
Our initial enthusiasm soon disappeared when we tried to raise the money to start,though.
不过,当我们试图筹集资金开始运作时,最初的热情很快就消失了 。
We were met with a complete lack of interest. So we put together a good business plan and went knocking on doors.
没人对我们的想法感兴趣,所以我们制定了一个很好的商业计划,四处寻求帮助 。
We kept at it. We didn't give up and eventually we found a sympathetic bank manager and they advanced us some money.
我们一直在努力,从未放弃过 。最终,我们找到了一位好心的银行经理,他们资助了我们一些钱 。
We're doing pretty well now.
我们现在运作良好 。