BEC中级真题第3辑精听:Test1-Part Two(4)
日期:2014-12-04 07:30

(单词翻译:单击)

In December, we accepted a very large contract which we all knew would mean everyone having to do extra hours,
12月,我们接了一个大单子,我们都知道这意味着每个人都要加班,
whether here or at home, to fulfil it.
无论是在这儿还是在家里,我们都得完成。
I realise that your particular circumstances make this very difficult to deal with,
我知道你有特殊情况,很难办,
but that's also true of many of your colleagues.
但我们许多同事都是这样。
I'm afraid I'm going to have to say that I can't do anything about it at the moment.
恐怕目前我无能为力。
If I did, everyone else would suffer.
如果我这样做了,其他人会受到影响。
I've been thinking about what you said about the hospitality committee.
我一直在想你说的关于接待委员会的事。
I completely agree with you that the arrangements they made for the annual conference last year were most inadequate and so, like you,
我完全同意你的看法,去年他们准备年会很不充分,所以,和你的想法一样,
I think it'd be a very bad idea to repeat them.
我认为再让他们来做的话是一个非常糟糕的主意。
However, I also think you should he very careful how you say this to the senior management.
不过,我也认为你在对高管说这些的时候要非常小心。
In my opinion, it's not worth risking your career over something as minor as this.
在我看来,不值得为了这样的小事而拿你的事业冒险。

分享到
重点单词
  • conferencen. 会议,会谈,讨论会,协商会
  • particularadj. 特殊的,特别的,特定的,挑剔的 n. 个别项目
  • hospitalityn. 好客,殷勤,酒店管理
  • senioradj. 年长的,高级的,资深的,地位较高的 n. 年长
  • contractn. 合同,契约,婚约,合约 v. 订合同,缩短,缩小,
  • minoradj. 较小的,较少的,次要的 n. 未成年人,辅修科
  • inadequateadj. 不充分的,不适当的