第126期:“那家航空公司不得不把我赶下飞机,因为座位超卖了。”
日期:2023-06-09 10:09

(单词翻译:单击)

【句子】I'm not entirely sure there wasn't a twin in there you bumped off. 【ModernFamilyS3E12】

【发音技巧】not entirely 连读+闪音;wasn't a 连读;bumped off 连读;

【翻译】我有的时候都怀疑,你妈妈是不是怀的是双胞胎,另外一个被你在子宫里面干掉了。


今天我们学习的短语叫做:bump off,这个短语可以用来表示:

to unexpectedly remove someone from something, often a list or schedule

意外地把某个人从一个清单、日程当中划去;


eg: I'm staying in Denver another night because I got bumped off my flight.

我要再在丹佛市待一晚,因为我被赶下了飞机/被要求给别人让出座位。


eg: Unfortunately, we ran out of time during tonight's show and had to bump our musical guest off.

很不幸,我们今晚的表演时间不够了,只能不得不取消音乐嘉宾的表演。

它还可以用来表示:to murder or to kill sb. 谋杀/杀死某个人;


eg: Ray bumped off the informant, just as the boss told him to.

正如他老板交代他的那样,Ray杀死了那个线人。


eg: They tried to bump her off, but she was too clever and got away.

他们想把她杀了,但是她太聪明了,逃脱了。


eg: The crooks threatened to bump off the witness to the crime.

那个骗子威胁说,要把那起犯罪的证人杀掉。


eg: These drug dealers mean business, and they'll bump off anyone who gets in their way.

这些毒贩是认真的,他们会杀死任何阻拦他们的人。


eg: They will probably bump you off anyway!

不管怎么样他们很有可能会干掉/杀掉你的!


eg: The airline had to bump me off because the flight was oversold.

那家航空公司不得不把我赶下飞机,因为座位超卖了。


尝试翻译以下句子,并留言在文章留言区

The first fighter plane bumped off three enemy aircraft.


主播老师微信:teacheryaoyao7

分享到