(单词翻译:单击)
Hello! I'm John Russell.
大家好!我是约翰·拉塞尔
Recently, we received a message from Ayman, a VOA Learning English fan.
最近,我们收到了VOA慢速英语粉丝艾曼的一条信息
Ayman wrote: "I have always been interested in honing my language skills and would love to receive any tips or resources you might have for working on my accent."
艾曼写道:“我一直对提高我的语言技能很感兴趣,我很乐意接受任何有关我的口音的建议或资源
I'm sure many of you have questions similar to Ayman.
我相信你们中的许多人都有类似于艾曼的问题
So, what can you do to work on your accent?
那么,你们能做些什么来改善你们的口音呢?
Let's start by thinking about what an accent is.
我们先来想想什么是口音
An accent is a result of a few things.
有一些因素导致口音产生
First, it can be a consequence of producing individual sounds differently from how native speakers do.
首先,口音可能是个人发音与母语人士发音不同的结果
Second, it can be a result of using different stress patterns and different kinds of intonation.
其次,口音可能是使用了不同的重音模式和不同的语调的结果
Third, it can be a result of not using linking or reductions in the way that native speakers do.
第三,口音可能是不像母语人士那样使用连读或弱读的结果
We have explored all of these topics in previous videos.
在之前的视频中,我们已经探讨了所有这些主题
But in the next few videos, we will show you how you can use a special kind of technique to reduce your accent.
但在接下来的几期视频中,我们将会向你们展示如何使用一种特殊的技能来减少口音
This technique is a valuable skill that will serve you well in any situation.
这个宝贵的技能在任何情况下都会很好地为你服务
It is called self-monitoring--the ability to understand and recognize areas that you need to work on.
它叫作自我监控——理解和识别你们需要改善的领域的能力
I will show you how to use your phone, computer, or even a tape recorder to develop this skill.
我将会向你们展示如何使用你们的手机、电脑,甚至是录音机来培养这项技能
You will learn how to self-monitor to better produce individual sounds, stress patterns, and different kinds of linking and reductions.
你将学习如何自我监控,以更好地发出个别读音、重音,以及不同类型的连读和弱读
That's all for today! Keep up the good work!
今天就到这里吧!继续努力!