(单词翻译:单击)
I’d been assured guns were okay, except that I sensed a flash of pain from Jakob and he fell to the ground, his warm blood spraying the air.
我确信枪没有问题,只是我感觉到了雅各布身上一阵剧痛,他倒在了地上,温暖的血液在空中飞溅。
Jakob’s gun clattered away.
雅各布的枪咔哒咔哒地响个不停。
I got it, then, connecting separate pieces of information in a flash: Grandpa’s guns, and the way Ethan’s cans leaped off the fence.
我明白了,然后,在一瞬间把不同的信息联系起来:爷爷的枪,还有伊森的罐子从栅栏上跳下去的样子。
Todd’s firecrackers, and the snap of pain when he threw one too close to me.
托德的鞭炮,还有他把鞭炮扔到靠近我的位置时我感受到的剧痛。
The man by the tree was using his gun to hurt Jakob.
树旁的那个人正在用他的枪伤害雅各布。
He was still standing there, his gun pointed at us.
他还站在那里,用枪指着我们。
His fear and fury had turned to elation.
他的恐惧和愤怒变成了狂喜。
What came over me then was exactly the same primal impulse that had seized me when I attacked Todd on the night of the fire.
我当时本能地感受到了一种冲动,和火灾当晚袭击托德时感受到的冲动一模一样。
I didn’t growl; I just lowered my head and charged.
我没有咆哮;我只是低下头冲了上去。
Two loud shots rang out, and then I had the man’s wrist in my mouth, his gun falling to the dust.
两声枪响后,我把那人的手腕咬在嘴里,他的枪落在了地上。
He screamed at me and I held on, shaking my head violently, feeling my teeth tear into his arm.
他冲着我尖叫,但我没有松口,我使劲地甩着头,感觉我的牙齿正刻进他的胳膊里。
His foot smacked into my ribs.
他的脚猛踹我的肋骨。
“Let go!” he shouted.
“松开!”他喊道。
“Police! Freeze!” the big policeman yelled, coming forward.
“警察!不许动!那个大个子警察朝前边走边喊道。
“Get the dog off me!”
“先让你们的狗把嘴松开!”
“Ellie, it’s okay. Down, Ellie, Down!” the policeman commanded.
“爱丽,没事了。先松嘴,爱丽,先松开嘴!”那名靠近的警察发出指令。
I let go of the man’s arm and he fell to his knees. I smelled his blood.
我松开了那人的胳膊,他跪倒在地。我闻到了他血液的味道。
His eyes met mine and I growled.
他与我对视时,,我咆哮起来。
I could feel his pain but also his cunning, his sense that he was going to get away with something.
我能感觉到他的疼,也能感觉到他的狡诈,感觉到他想侥幸逃脱惩罚。
“Ellie, come,” the policeman said.
“爱丽,过来,”那个警察说。
“Dog ripped off my arm!” the man shouted.
“你们的狗咬断了我的胳膊!”那人喊道。
He waved at something behind and to the left of the policeman.
他朝警察身后和左侧挥了挥手。
“I’m over here!” he yelled.
“我在这里!”他大声说。
When the policeman quickly turned to see who the man was shouting at, the man lunged forward, scooping up his gun.
当警察迅速转过身去看他是冲着谁喊的时候,那人一跃而起,拾起他的枪。
I barked. He fired and then the policeman fired, several shots punching deep pain into the man.
我叫了起来。他开了枪,然后那个警察也开了枪,那几枪把那人打得痛不欲生。
