(单词翻译:单击)
They deserve to retire with dignity and peace of mind, and that's, that's how it should be in the United States of America.
他们应该带着尊严安心退休,这就是美利坚合众国应该做到的
Some of you are on social security, or your parents or your grandparents are.
你们中的一些人在享受社会保障,你们的父母或祖父母也是一样
They earned it.
这是他们应得的
They put money in since they were teenagers to pay for Social Security, and those are more than government programs.
他们从十几岁开始就存钱来支付其社会保障的费用,而这些不仅仅是政府的计划
They're a promise, a promise we made as a country to work hard and contribute, and when it comes time to retire, we're going to be there for you.
它们还是一个承诺,是我们作为国家公务人员努力工作并为国家做出贡献的承诺,你们退休的时候,我们会为你们提供保障
This year, we got it done.
今年,我们做到了这一点
Medicare is going to finally have the power to negotiate lower prescription drug prices like the VA can do, the Veteran's Administration.
联邦医疗保险终于有权像退伍军人管理局(VA)那样通过谈判降低处方药价格
They can do that now, and private insurance companies, the VA can say, 'Look, You want to sell all our veterans, that particular drug?
他们现在可以这么做了,像私营保险公司,退伍军人管理局那样说,“你想向我们所有的退伍军人出售那种药物?
We're not going to pay that much for it.
我们不会花那么多钱的
We're not going to pay $10.
10美元不行
We're only going to pay $7.50.
最高7.5美元
If you don't want it, we're not going to buy.
如果你不接受,我们就不买了
You don't want to sell it to us.
你不是真心想卖给我们
Well, it's a gigantic customer.'
我们是个大客户
Well, the biggest customer in the world for the drug companies is Medicare.
而制药公司在世界上最大的客户就是医疗保险