(单词翻译:单击)
Hello, I'm John Russell.
大家好,我是约翰·罗素
In a previous episode, we explored how intonation or the pitch of the voice acted like this ball.
在之前的一期节目中,我们探讨了语调或音调是如何像这个球一样的
It goes down or it goes up.
有时上升,有时下降
As a reminder. Americans often use falling intonation on statements and general questions, questions with words such as where, how, why and so on.
作为一个提醒
So when do Americans use rising intonation?
那么美国人什么时候使用升调呢?
The answer is this: Americans often use rising intonation in "yes or no" questions.
答案是:美国人在回答“是或不是”的问题时经常使用升调
These are questions that look for one of two answers a yes or a no.
这些问题的答案只有两个:是或不是
For example, imagine a person asks you: Do you like learning English? Do you like learning English?
例如,想象一个人问你,你喜欢学英语吗?你喜欢学英语吗?
Notice that my voice goes up toward the end of the question.
注意我的声音在问题快结束的时候提高了
Listen again: Do you like learning English?
在听一次:你喜欢学英语吗?
Compare this kind of intonation to a question that uses falling intonation.
将这种语调与使用降调的问句进行比较
Why do you like learning English? Why do you like learning English? Why do you like learning English?
你为什么喜欢学英语?你为什么喜欢学英语?你为什么喜欢学英语?
Listen to these questions and know how the intonation rises.
听这些问题,知道语调是如何上升的
When you hear this, you can tell I am asking a "yes or no" question.
当你听到这个,你可以看出我在问一个“是或不是”的问题
Can you pick me up from school? Can you pick me up from school?
你能来学校接我吗?你能来学校接我吗?
Can you help me? Can you help me?
你能帮我吗?你能帮我吗?
Have we finished? Have we finished?
我们完成了吗?我们完成了吗?
That's all for today. Keep up the good work.
以上就是本期的全部内容,继续加油吧