(单词翻译:单击)
So, Emily, you’re leaving us. Tears.
所以,艾米丽你要离开我们了
I know. It’s sad.
我知道,令人难过
Tell us what you’re going to do.
告诉我们你要做什么
So, if you guys remember, we did an episode on side gigs, side hustles, with Brianna Caza, and that was when I talked about starting this little side business of selling vintage clothing.
如果你们还记得,我们和布里安娜·卡扎一起做过一集副业,我说要做的副业卖古着
I am obsessed with searching for vintage treasures.
我痴迷于寻找复古珍宝
It’s my favorite thing to do and has been for many years.
这是我多年来最喜欢做的事情
So, I started selling items on Etsy and started doing outdoor vintage markets.
所以,我开始在Etsy上卖东西,开始做户外古董市场
I’m not expecting to make a lot of money, but hopefully I’ll make enough to continue shopping.
我不指望赚很多钱,但希望我能赚到足够的钱继续购物
Sourcing. Continue sourcing inventory.
找来源
Was it a hard decision to leave?
离开是一个艰难的决定吗?
In a lot of ways, it was very easy.
在很多方面,这都很容易
I felt like it was a long time coming.
我觉得这是一个漫长的时间
I was considering it for a really long time, and I felt like I had been putting off the decision to finally do it.
我考虑了很长一段时间,我觉得我一直在推迟最终决定
But I would say that this is a great work environment, and I have really liked working for HBR.
但我要说的是,这是一个很棒的工作环境,我真的很喜欢在哈佛商业评论工作
I think there’s good work-life balance, and I love the people that I work with.
我认为工作和生活有很好的平衡,我喜欢和我一起工作的人
But I think coming out of the pandemic, it’s been a long time of feeling like, Oh, all this shit is happening at me, to me, on me, and then feeling like, OK, time for me to make some decisions.
但我认为,从疫情中走出来,很长一段时间以来,我都感觉到,哦,所有这些坏事都发生在我身上,然后我觉得,好吧,我该做一些决定了
My job was not overwhelming in any way or too difficult in any way, but I am definitely feeling burnt out.
我的工作并不是压倒性的,也不是太难,但我确实感到精疲力竭
I’m not feeling creative anymore.
我觉得我没有创造力了
I’m not feeling like I’m producing my best work anymore.
我觉得我不能创作最好的作品了
I don’t feel like I’m contributing how I want to contribute.
我不觉得我在按照我想要的方式做出贡献
So, at this point, it’s like I can’t continue to spend a third of my life -- because that’s what a work day is.
因此,这时候,我不能继续这样度过我生命中的三分之一——因为工作日占生命的三分之一
I can’t continue to spend a third of my life feeling this way in my job, and I want to feel challenged in new ways.
我不能再把生命中三分之一的时间花在这种工作上,我想要以新的方式接受挑战
I want to feel like I’m creating great work, and I just… I still am desiring that feeling and I’m getting little bits and pieces of that from just doing the vintage stuff on the side.
我想让自己觉得我正在创造伟大的作品,我只是…我仍然渴望那种感觉,我只是在一边做复古的东西,一边一点点地找那种感觉
But having limited time to do that, I want more of it.
但由于时间有限,我想要更多的时间
Are you thinking of maybe turning the vintage clothing gig into a full-time?
你有没有想过把做复古服装的工作变成全职工作?
I think it’s going to probably be full-time for a few months until I can no longer stand it anymore, or until I have no more money left.
我想我可能会全职工作几个月,直到我再也无法忍受,或者直到我没什么钱了
I like that. Yeah.
对,我喜欢那样