服装数字化或将成为潮流(上)
日期:2022-06-03 12:25

(单词翻译:单击)

 MP3点击下载

I often get this question: "Why would anyone buy a piece of clothing that doesn't exist?"

经常有人问我:为什么会有人买一件不存在的衣服?

And as you can see, it's not that it doesn't exist.

如你所见,这些衣服并非不存在。

Digital fashion is real, and it exists in so many virtual universes, ranging from basic social networks to fully developed virtual worlds known as the metaverse, letting people express themselves in a way not possible before.

数字时尚是真实的,它存在很多虚拟世界中,从基本的社交网络到高度发达的虚拟世界“元宇宙”,让人们以过去不可能的方式来表现自我。

I’ve been playing video games since I remember, dressing up my game character.

从我记事以来一直在玩电子游戏,装扮我的游戏角色。

Actually, I enjoyed it more than dressing up myself.

事实上,比起装扮自己,我更喜欢装扮游戏角色

Five years ago, I was running a physical fashion brand.

五年前,我在经营一个实体的时尚品牌。

But because of my gaming experience, I kept thinking: “How and why could people wear digital garments?”

但是由于我的游戏经历,我一直在思考,大家如何以及为什么可以穿数字服装?

And there was a reason I believed they would.

我相信大家愿意穿是有原因的。

In 2016, I did research on “hypebeast culture.”

2016年,我做了关于“hypebeast文化”的研究。

You know, those people buying and selling garments that are always sold out.

hypebeast会买和卖一些总是售罄的衣服。

As part of this research, I've joined various Facebook groups where they were gathering.

作为研究的一部分,我加入了hypebeast圈子的各种脸书群。

What I noticed was they were usually buying those pieces just to post a photo of themselves wearing it on their social channels.

我注意到他们通常买那些衣服,只是为了穿着它们拍个照发到社交媒体上。

And later on, they would resell it.

之后,他们就会把衣服转卖。

So they didn't need or want the actual garment.

所以他们并不需要真实的服饰。

They wanted its image, and that image was being used online.

他们需要的是能够发到社交媒体上的影像。

And it made sense to me, because, like most of my generation, they had their friends, peers, role models in the virtual space, and this is where we care to express ourselves.

而这对我来说非常有意义,因为,像我们这一代,他们在虚拟网络中有朋友、同龄人和榜样,而且在虚拟空间中,我们在意如何表达自己。

This is when I started experimenting with what today we know as digital fashion.

这时我开始尝试我们今天所知道的数字时装。

Now I run the world's first direct-to-consumer digital fashion brand and a fashion tech house.

现在,我经营着全球第一个直接面向消费者的数字时装品牌和时装科技屋。

We officially started last year, and our growth has been unimaginable from a traditional fashion perspective.

去年我们正式开业,从传统时尚的角度来看我们的成长是难以想象的。

Apart from doing our own designs, we regularly collaborate with the biggest names from the industry.

我们除了做自己的设计外,我们经常与业内最知名的公司合作。

With Carolina Herrera, we collaborated on a runway dress and developed an app where you can wear the dress on your phone using augmented reality.

我们与卡罗琳娜·埃莱拉公司合作了一款时尚秀礼服,并且开发了一个软件,软件中你可以用手机的AR技术穿上这款裙子。

And with Jean Paul Gaultier, we collaborated on a piece that was part of their couture collection.

还有我们与让·保罗·高缇耶也有合作,我们合作了一款高缇耶高级时装系列的服饰。

We even have our flagship store in the Decentraland, a metaverse owned and created by its users.

我们甚至在Decentraland里有旗舰店,这是一个由用户拥有和创造的虚拟世界。

And we are not the only ones.

而且我们不是唯一的。

For example, on Demat, an NFT marketplace, fashion brands are selling authenticated digital fashion items that are usually sold out as soon as they are released.

例如,在Demat这非同质化代币的市场,时尚品牌正在售卖经过认证的数字时装,这些商品通常一上架就迅速卖光。

And as it was for me, the games are becoming a gateway to digital fashion for many.

而且对我来说,这些游戏正在成为许多人通往数字时装的大门。

The biggest names in the luxury segment are eagerly trying to enter this space.

最知名的奢侈品大牌也正渴望进入数字时装领域。

Balenciaga has collaborated with Fortnite, and Gucci bag was sold inside Roblox for more than its worth in real life.

巴黎世家已经和堡垒之夜合作,而罗布乐思里卖出的古驰包远超出了它在现实中的价值。

Fortnite itself has sold more than two billion worth of skins and game extras for in-game character dressing.

堡垒之夜已售出价值超过20亿的角色皮肤,还有游戏角色装扮的附加品。

分享到