(单词翻译:单击)
The toasted tomato sandwich brings us back to a simpler time.
烤番茄三明治将我们带回到一个更简单的时代
A time before smart phones and satellites.
一个没有智能手机和卫星的时代
A time before algebra and toilets.
一个没有代数和厕所的时代
Back when things were easy.
那时候一切都很容易
A time when character was built from hard work and hard knocks.
在那个时代,人的性格是通过艰苦的工作和沉重的打击磨练出来的
Out in the country, where tomatoes come from.
在乡野,西红柿的故乡
And that's where this sandwich begins: In a field, with the simple tomato.
这里就是三明治开始的地方:种着朴素番茄的田野
If you've never had a freshly picked field tomato, well you're missing out.
如果你从来没有吃过新鲜采摘的番茄,那么你正在错过好东西
And if you don't have a field with tomatoes growing in it, you can get them at a roadside stand.
如果你没有种西红柿的田地,那么你可以在路边摊买到它们
Next thing you'll need is whole wheat bread which starts with whole wheat.
接下来你需要的是从全麦开始的全麦面包
Wrap some up inside burlap.
用粗麻布包一些起来
And leave it under the strong crisp light of the moon for three lonely nights.
留它在皎洁的月光下度过三个孤独的夜晚
Tie up the end then sell it to your neighbor as a pillow.
把一端绑起来,然后卖给你的邻居当枕头
Then use that money to buy a loaf of whole wheat bread that you can call your own.
然后用这些钱买一条可以称之为自己的全麦面包
Now take that bread, fix it to a skewer, and under the light of the hot afternoon Sun,
现在拿起面包,把它固定在烤叉上,在炙热的午后阳光下,
gingerly place it into your 500 watt galvanized steel nichrome wire lateral current low impedance split phase omnidirectional quad voltage wide arc triple coil toasting machine.
小心地把它放入你的500瓦镀锌钢镍铬线横向电流低阻抗分相全方位四电压宽弧线三线圈烤面包机
Powered by an 8,000 horsepower truck.
由一辆8000马力的卡车提供动力
And plunge it all the way down, until your toast is golden from the power of heat and fresh country air.
然后按到底,直到你的吐司在高温和乡村新鲜空气的力量下变得金黄
Now spread that toast with full fat mayo, squeezed from the thostle of a Hercules plant, until it's exactly a quarter of a half-inch thick.
现在给烤吐司上涂上从大力神植物的皮中挤出的全脂蛋黄酱,直到它刚好达到半英寸的四分之一的厚度
Slice your Tomatoes with a freshly sharpened blade, forged from a hunk of carbon stainless meteorite iron.
用一大块碳素不锈钢陨石铁锻造而成的锋利刀片切番茄
Then lay them on with care at dawn.
然后在黎明的时候小心地将它们摆在烤吐司上
Wander on down to a nearby saltwater stream and collect one of Earth's most precious minerals: Rhodium.
漫步到附近的一条咸水溪,采集地球上最珍贵的矿物质之一:铑
And trade it for an equal amount of salt.
然后用它换取等量的盐
Then sprinkle that onto the tomatoes.
然后撒在番茄上
Harvest fresh peppercorns, then smash them with your spike and rail.
收获新鲜的花椒,然后用道钉把它们砸碎
And spread them onto the sandwich generously.
然后把它们撒在三明治上
Put the second piece of mayonnaise slathered toast on top.
把第二片涂了蛋黄酱的烤吐司放在上面
And slice your toasted tomato sandwich into two 3-point-allelograms, while quietly acknowledging the presence of the Illuminati.
把你烤好的西红柿三明治切成两个三点四边形,同时默默地承认光照派的存在
Then take your sandwich out into the yard, into the corn, then through the woods, down a lonely road, and across the beans.
然后带你的三明治到院子里,到玉米地里,然后穿过树林,沿着一条僻静的路,穿过豆田
Out into the country where the bales lay still, and take a quiet moment to recognize that your toasted tomato sandwich has become soggy.
走进乡野,那里静静躺着一捆捆麦子,安静一会儿,你会发现你的烤番茄三明治已经软趴趴的了
That you should have eaten it immediately when the toast was crisp.
你应该在烤吐司还酥脆的时候立马吃掉
But you had to walk around like a show-off, and now you're paying the price.
但你不得不像个爱炫耀的人一样走来走去,现在你正为此付出代价
Tell yourself you'll do better next time.
告诉自己下次你会做得更好
Out here in the country.
在乡野
Where tomatoes come from.
西红柿的故乡