(单词翻译:单击)
Warren, how would you define true success?
沃伦,你如何定义真正的成功?
Well, I've said many times that if you get to be 65 or 70 and later, and the people that you want to have love you actually do love you, you're a success.
我已经说过很多次了,如果你活到65岁或70岁,而你希望得到某个人的爱确实得到了,那么你就是一个成功的人
I've never seen anybody that reaches that age.
我从来没有见过达到那个年龄的人……
I mean, I'm not talking about somebody that's in extreme poverty or pain or something, but I've never seen anybody that if they have a lot of people that love them, that is other than happy.
我不是在谈论一个生活在极端贫困或痛苦中的人,但我从来没有见过任何人,他们有很多爱他们的人,但是他们自己不幸福的
And I've seen some very, very wealthy people that they give testimonial dinners too and named schools after and everything.
我也看到过一些非常非常富有的人,他们也会为他们举办纪念晚宴,以学校的名字命名等等
And nobody, nobody loves them. Yeah.
没人爱他们
Their own kids would say, he's in the attic, he's in the attic, you know they were okay.
他们自己的孩子会说,他在阁楼上,他在阁楼上,你知道的他没事
What are say three pieces of advice you would give to people who are looking to succeed in business?
你想给那些希望在商业上取得成功的人的三条建议是什么?
Well, by far, the best investment you can make is in yourself.
到目前为止,你能做的最好的投资就是投资自己
I mean, for example, communication skills.
我的意思是,例如,沟通技能
I tell those students that come, that they're going to graduate schools and business and that they're running all these complicated formulas, all that.
我告诉那些来的学生,他们要去读研或者学习商业知识,他们要处理所有这些复杂的公式,所有这些
If they just learned to communicate better, both in writing and in person, they increase their value at least 50%.
如果他们学会了更好地沟通,无论是书面交流还是面对面交流,他们的价值至少会增加50%
I mean, if you can't communicate with somebody, it says, you know, it's like winking at a girl in the dark, nothing happens, you know, basically.
如果你无法与他人交流,也就是说,就像在黑暗中向女孩眨眼一样,基本上什么都不会发生
And you have to be able to get forth your ideas.
而且你必须能够提出你的想法
And that's relatively easy.
这是相对容易的
I did it myself with the Dale Carnegie, of course.
当然,我和戴尔·卡内基都这么做的
Some people wish I'd taken a shorter course though, in terms of my talking later on.
不过,在我后来的演讲中,有些人希望我能选一个更短的课程
But it's just hugely important.
是的,但这是非常重要的
And if you invest in yourself, nobody can take it away from you.
如果你投资自己,没有人能从你手中夺走它
But I do tell those students, you know, that if I gave you a car and it'd be the only car you're getting for the rest of your life, you would take care of it like you can't believe.
但我告诉那些学生,如果我给你一辆车,这将是你余生得到的唯一一辆车,你会好好地照顾它,好到你不敢想
Any scratch, you would fix it that moment.
任何擦伤,你都会立刻修复它
You'd read the owner's manual.
你会阅读用户手册
You keep it into a garage and do all these things.
你把它放在车库里,然后做所有这些事情
And you get exactly one mind and one body in this world.
而你在这个世界上只有一个头脑和一个身体
And you can't start taking care of it when you're 50.
而且你不能在50岁的时候才开始照顾它
By that time, you will rust it out if you haven't done anything.
到那个时候,如果你什么都没做,就会生锈了
So, you should really make sure that you just remember that you just got one mind and body to get through life with and do the most with it.
所以,你真的只需要记住,你只有一个心灵和身体来度过一生,并用它做最多的事情
What about life advice?
那生活忠告呢?
Well, life advices, you know, the most important thing aside from the things I've talked about already is it's really who you're associated with.
生活忠告,除了我已经谈到的事情之外,最重要的事情是,你与谁联系在一起
You want to associate with people that are better than you are.
你想要你和比你更好的人交往
I mean, basically, you'll go in the direction of the people that you associate with and you want to have the right heroes.
我的意思是,基本上,你会朝着你所交往的人的方向前进,你想要找到正确的英雄