(单词翻译:单击)
I'm the first guy to pop his pecks at the One Young World Conference. I love this.
我是第一个在世界青年领袖峰会上大显身手的人
Man, I got only a little bit of time, so I'm going to get into it real fast.
我只有一点时间了,所以我要快速地讲一下
How you doing? Ah, look at all these people!
你们好吗?看看这些人!
Man, the future is here.
未来就在这里
I love the future.
我爱未来
First of all, I am here to basically talk about a couple of things.
首先,我在这里主要讲几件事
I only have 10 minutes, so I'm going to be really, really short.
我只有10分钟,所以我的演讲会非常简短
But toxic masculinity. How many of you guys have heard all that, the phrase toxic masculinity?
“有毒的男子气概”
It has been used a lot.
它已经被广泛使用了
Everybody's been talking about it, you know.
大家都在谈论这个词
Another way I like to put it is basically abusers of power. Okay.
我喜欢用另一种方式来描述它,那就是权力的滥用者
You know, I came up from Flint, Michigan.
我来自密歇根州的弗林特市
I was an athlete. I played seven years in the NFL.
我是一名优秀的运动员
Flint, Michigan was a very depressed area and I also came up in a very, very violent household.
密歇根州的弗林特市是一个非常贫困的地区,我也是在一个非常暴力的家庭长大的
One of my earliest memories was, my father, I probably was like four or five years old.
我最早的记忆之一是,那时我只有四五岁
My father punching my mother in the face as hard as he could.
我父亲使劲儿打我母亲的脸
That was one of my earliest memories.
那是我最早的记忆之一
And you know, through trauma, you learn your lessons.
你知道,通过创伤,你可以吸取教训
For me, it was, hey, this man, the strongest man I've ever seen, this guy, he uses his power to abuse my mother.
对我来说,这个人,我见过的最强壮的人,这个家伙,他用他的力量虐待我的母亲
I learned simply because I was a man or he was a man, or the people around me who were men, they were more valuable than women.
我知道,因为我是男人,或者他是男人,或者我周围的人是男人,他们比女人更有价值
This is how it was for me coming up in Flint, Michigan.
这就是我在密歇根州弗林特的经历
And this is funny because people say, you know, toxic masculinity, I mean don't women do things wrong too and the whole thing, but you got to understand, men and women are very, very different.
这很有趣,因为人们会说,“有毒的男子气概”,我的意思不是女人不会做错事,但你要明白,男人和女人是非常非常不同的
One thing I noticed coming up in the hood, it was kind of wild because everyone uses their thing to manipulate people.
在贫民区我注意到的一件事是,每个人都用他们的东西来操纵别人,真的很疯狂
Like, you know, women tend to be manipulated through fear.
你知道的,女性往往会通过恐惧被操纵
When I was coming up, the whole thing, if you were, you know, there were, I came up in the crack epidemic where, you know, there were pimps and people who were basically treating women as property and their whole thing was the fear, was to intimidate.
当我出现在这个世界上的时候,我是在“有毒的男子气概”时代成长的,有皮条客和一些人基本上把女性当作财产对待,他们唯一的事情就是恐惧,恐吓
My father using fear to intimidate my mother.
我的父亲用恐惧来恐吓我的母亲