(单词翻译:单击)
So, yeah, I genuinely feel a little out of place here.
是的,我真的觉得这里有点格格不入
But yes, I think five years, one month and five days is what took me to come to this side, standing here from there where I was a couple of years back as an engineering student.
我用了5年1个月又5天才走到今天,从工程专业的学生到今天
Well, I can only say I can stand as an example for the fact that in India, we only become engineers first to figure out later, what we really want to become.
我只能说我可以作为印度的一个例子,我们首先成为工程师,然后才能弄清楚我们真正想要成为的是什么
So, yes, I am an engineer, software engineer if you ask me.
我是一名工程师,软件工程师
Yeah. Woo. Software, software. Yes.
是的,软件工程师
Well, if you ask me, why did I do engineering?
嗯,如果你问我,我为什么要学工程学?
Well, no matter how weird it sounds from a girl's mouth, I loved mathematics.
不管从女孩的嘴里说出来听起来有多奇怪,但是我爱数学
Yes. And I kind of managed to score like those 96, 97 marks in 12th Board thinking, yes, I have to be an engineer.
我在第12届考试中取得了96、97分的成绩,心想,是的,我必须成为一名工程师
This is it. This is the only thing I should be doing.
这是我唯一应该做的事
Well, I entered engineering.
我进入了工程学专业
It was quite a task because I missed out from quite a few ranks and numbers to be able to make it to the most prestigious institutions, BITS also didn't really take me.
这是一项非常艰巨的任务,因为我的级别和分数不够,无法进入最负盛名的机构,BITS也没有真正接纳我
But then, no loss, no gain.
但是,没有损失,就没有收获
I'm still standing here.
我还站在这里
So, yes. I mean, as I told you, we all become engineers first and then decide what we have to do. Right.
我的意思是,就像我告诉你的,我们都是先成为工程师,然后再决定我们要做什么
So, yeah. So, that's my journey.
所以,这就是我的人生旅程
When I started off, yes, I became an engineer.
开始的时候,我成为了一名工程师
But during those four years, a lot changed.
但在这四年中,发生了很多变化
My first year, I was trying to figure out is this really where I see myself after four years, sitting and coding.
我的第一年,我试图弄清楚这就是我四年后自己的样子,在那里坐着编程
Like, with all due respect to people who do it, my best friends do it as well.
恕我直言,我最好的朋友也会这么做
But I couldn't really see myself doing it within the first year.
但我真的不能想象自己第一年真的做到了
Second year onward, my attendance went down.
第二年以后,我的出勤率下降了
I started doing other stuff, like made my own only female dancing group of my college, where, you know, in engineering, girls is like a scarcity.
我开始做其他的事情,比如在我的大学里组建唯一的女性舞蹈团,你知道,在工程学专业中女孩是很稀缺的
So, you have like 10 girls dancing team, from an engineering institution was itself a huge achievement.
所以,你有大约10个来自工程专业女孩的舞蹈队,本身就是一个巨大的成就
That is one of my, like the biggest achievements.
这是我最大的成就之一
Trust me, the kind of things I suffered making those girls stand together as a group and then making them win all the possible competitions of that year.
相信我,我做的是让那些女孩们团结在一起,然后让她们赢得了那一年所有可能的比赛
Well, I like to boast about myself, I'm an actor.
嗯,我喜欢吹嘘我自己,我是个演员
So, yes. So, from there, it started.
所以,从那里开始,一切就开始了
The second year, yeah, it was a little difficult for me to digest that this is not what I really want to do, but I'm already in it.
第二年,是的,对我来说有点难接受,这不是我真正想做的,但我已经在做了
So, now what do I do?
那么,现在我该怎么办?
I have to get through it.
我必须度过难关
I didn't want to leave things in between because that's not how I handle my life.
我不想把事情夹在中间,因为那不是我处理生活的方式
So, I went ahead, completed my second year.
所以,我继续前行,完成了我的第二年学业
Third year someone said, Oh, you kind of look nice.
第三年有人说,哦,你看起来条件很不错
Why don't you try modelling?
你为什么不试试当模特呢?
And I was like, okay, so what do I do next?
我就想,好吧,那我下一步该做什么?
Yeah. Thank you for that support. Thank you.
嗯
I believe I look nice.
我相信我确实看起来不错