(单词翻译:单击)
And not surprisingly, because you've done it over and over and over again, which is what has led you to where you are.
这并不奇怪,因为你已经做了一遍又一遍,才到今天的职位
Correct.
没错
And so what I want to highlight for you, Jay, is the difference between having confidence in your ability to learn and master something versus having confidence in that ephemeral, we don't even know what it is yet, next role.
杰伊,所以我想向你强调的是,对自己学习和掌握某些东西的能力有信心和在某种角色中短暂地拥有的信心是不同的,我们甚至还不知道下一个角色是什么
One is about having confidence in the process and the other is about having confidence in the outcome, the actual destination.
一个是对过程有信心,另一个是对结果有信心,对实际的目的地有信心
They're closely linked, but there's a difference between the two.
它们紧密相关,但两者之间是有区别的
And so when I say that to you, how are you interpreting it?
那么,当我对你说这些的时候,你是如何理解的呢?
Well, I do agree that the fact is the confidence in the process.
嗯,我非常同意,确实是对过程的信心
So from that perspective, I do agree because something that I've learned for a very long time.
所以从这个角度来看,我确实同意,因为我学了很长时间的东西
I realize that potentially for the last couple of years, I've actually lost that path, where I'm not actually going through the process that actually really worked well for me in the past.
我意识到,在过去的几年里,我实际上已经迷失了,我没有真正经历过去对我很有帮助的过程
And so I haven't actually built my confidence through the process.
所以我实际上并没有通过这个过程建立起我的信心
The other one is confidence in the outcome.
另一个是对结果的信心
Okay. Let me use an example for you.
好, 我来给你举个例子
I have a kid who plays competitive sports and if you've ever played a competitive sport, of course you want to win.
我有个孩子喜欢竞技运动,如果你曾经参加过竞技运动,你当然想赢
But in reality, the only thing you can control is how you play the game, not necessarily the outcome.
但在现实中,你唯一能控制的是你如何玩这个游戏,而不能完全控制结果
We've seen some of the most amazing athletes get on a court, get on a field, wanting to win.
我们已经看到一些最出色的运动员在球场上,想要赢
That's the desired outcome, but they can't really control the outcome because the outcome is in the future.
这是他们想要的结果,但他们不能真正控制结果,因为结果是在未来
The only thing they can control is what's happening in the here and now, which is how they play the game.
他们唯一能控制的就是此时此刻发生的事情,也就是他们比赛的方式
In your case, how you play the game is this learning and mastering what is necessary to increase the probability of you getting that next role.
以你的情况来说,你玩游戏的方式就是学习和掌握如何增加你获得下一个角色的可能性
But it doesn't guarantee that you will get the next role.
但这并不能保证你会得到下一个角色
So why place your confidence on something that's a variable that's not guaranteed, that can be a moving target, that may not even be fully defined yet?
那么,为什么要把信心放在一个不确定的变量上呢,可能是一个移动的目标,甚至可能完全没有定义是什么?
Place your confidence, your belief in yourself in the things that you can control.
把你的信心放在你能控制的事情上
And so what are the things that you can control?
那么你能控制的是什么呢?
It's the process.
就是这个过程
It's the process.
对,是过程
You can't control your manager.
你不能控制你的经理
You can't control other people.
你不能控制其他人
What they're going to say, what they're going to think.
他们说什么想什么,你都不能控制
I mean, I don't know if you can, let me know how you do it.
我是说,我不知道你能不能做到,你可以告诉我你是怎么做到的
We'll be having a whole different conversation, right?
我们会有一个完全不同的谈话,对吗?
Yeah, absolutely. Absolutely.
是的,当然
But all you can do is control the things that are in your control.
但你所能做的就是控制你能控制的事情
Yeah, absolutely agree with that.
是的,我完全同意这一点