(单词翻译:单击)
And so, how do you differentiate between somebody not being satisfied with the work, versus you at a personal level not being good enough?
那么,你如何区分哪些是对你工作不满意,哪些是因为个人能力不足?
I’m not sure how to answer that actually.
我真的不知道该怎么回答
I always thought I had the ability because I wouldn’t have initially got the role, but it was like, I felt that I wasn’t good enough to be able to get the next role.
我一直认为我有这个能力,否则我一开始不会得到这个职位,但好像我又不够好,不能得到更高的职位
When opportunities came, I was never looked at as a potential person to take up that next role, where I thought other people who did have that opportunity and took it, were less technical and less able to be able to fill that role.
当机会来临时,从来没有人觉得我有潜力获得某个职位,我认为其他确实得到机会并抓住了机会的人,并没有那么多的技术和能力来胜任
And so, you start to feel, "Okay, you’re not worthy."
所以,你开始觉得,“好吧,你不配
So, there was this whole issue between me and the manager.
所以,我和经理之间存在很大问题
It’s like he’s really dominating.
他真的很强势
He would basically ensure that he was always thinking that he was better than myself.
他总是认为自己比我做得好
So that made me feel, "Okay. I’m not adequate."
这让我觉得,“好吧
But the thing was that I love the role.
但问题是我喜欢这个职位
I love the job, and that’s why I’ve stayed for so many years.
我喜欢这份工作,这也是为什么我在这里待了这么多年的原因
And it’s not just loving the role.
不仅仅是喜欢这个职位
I love the people that I manage.
我爱我手下的同事们
So those people, I stayed very specifically for of those people.
所以我是特意为他们留下来的
And I felt that I’ve done the wrong thing because I sacrificed myself for them.
我觉得我做错了,因为我为他们牺牲了自己
So, you’ve given up a lot, you feel like?
你觉得你已经放弃了很多,是吗?
Absolutely, absolutely.
当然,当然
Opportunities that have come and gone, and I look at it in this particular role that a Director.
机会来了又去了,我一直在主任这个职位上
I’ve been in this position for seven years now.
我在这个岗位上已经七年了
I haven’t applied for anything else.
我没有申请其他任何东西
I’ve seen many offers come in on my desk.
有很多岗位向我抛出橄榄枝
I’ve never taken it because I just didn’t feel that I finished what I needed to finish.
我从来没有接受,因为我只是觉得我没有完成我该完成的事情
So, this aspect of not feeling good enough for the role, which then chipped away at your confidence, what would have made you feel like you were good enough?
感觉不够好会削弱你的信心,什么才能让你觉得自己足够好呢?
Acknowledgement that the things that I had done, my projects, the accomplishments, being acknowledged for those particular accomplishments.
认可我所做的事情、我的项目、我的成绩,一些特别的成绩都得到认可
And not like rewarded with pay rises or whatever, that wasn’t really my concern.
而不是加薪之类的奖励,这不是我真正关心的问题
It’s actually acknowledgement, acknowledgement that at the point in time that I finished it, that was very successful, and being presented with opportunities that would’ve allowed me to go further.
这实际上是一种承认,承认在我完成的那个时间,是非常成功的,并且有机会让我走得更远
But I sit here and I think, if I had that acknowledgement, I may have actually been a VP by now.
但我坐在这里,我想,如果我一直被认可,我现在可能已经是副总了
And did you ever ask for feedback on what was missing? — Yes.
你有没有问过别人对你所缺乏的东西的反馈? ——是的
Or what was at the source of the discontent?
或者,不满的根源是什么?
Yeah, and try to work on those particular issues, and then so on, but still never got that opportunity.
是啊,试着解决那些特定的问题等等,但还是没有得到那个机会
Mm-hmm (affirmative) Okay.
嗯-嗯(肯定的)好吧
Never got the opportunity from this one particular manager?
从来没有从这个经理那里得到过机会?
Sorry.
对不起
I was just going to say, and it’s really interesting, that manager’s actually left.
我想说,真的很有意思,那个经理真的走了
And so, with your new manager, how’s that going?
那现在和你的新经理在一起,觉得怎么样?
It’s actually much better.
真的好多了
There’s a very different methodology in his management styles.
他的管理风格有非常不同的方法论
It was actually quite interesting the way that he responded to certain things compared to the previous manager, and I was actually quite taken back.
与前任经理相比,他对某些事情的反应相当有趣,我都被他打动了
I was actually stunned.
我真的惊呆了
I was like, "Oh my God. I’ve never experienced this in my life."
我就像是,“哦,我的天啊
Yeah.
是的
I mean one of the things that you just said, which is critical here is this is different.
你刚才说的一件重要的事情就是,这是不同的
Yeah.
是的