(单词翻译:单击)
What a way to end our week here on the Build Series.
以这种方式结束本周的Build Series实在太棒了
Broadway and East 4th right now is absolutely crazy.
现在的百老汇和东四街简直太疯狂了
It's pandemonium.
一片混乱
I'm Kevin Kenny and we are joining today on the show by an absolute global superstar.
我是凯文·肯尼
410,000 people bought his new single NAMANANA within the first hour it was released.
他的新单曲NAMANANA在发布的第一个小时内,就有41万人购买
And he joins us today after the release of his first ever debut U.S. album.
他今天在他的首张美国专辑发行后来和我们聊一聊
Please let's give a warm Build-welcome to Lay Zhang!
让我们以热烈的掌声欢迎张艺兴!
The scream send out to Lay Zhang everybody!
大家把尖叫声送给张艺兴!
Hi, guys. Glad to see you guys. I'm Lay Zhang.
嗨,大家
You have a lot of friends here.
你在这里有很多朋友啊
Yeah, it's amazing. It's unbelievable.
是的,很棒
It's unbelievable.
难以置信
Now it cracks me up because I heard you in a recent interview say that when you first, you know, start doing the solo stuff, you were nervous that no one would support it.
我觉得很有意思,因为我在最近的一次采访中听到你说,当你第一次开始单独表演时,你很紧张,因为担心没有人会支持
You guys support it, right?
你们是支持的,对吧?
Thank you.
谢谢你们
And then... in the same interview you said once you realize that, you know, the fans would support it, your next worry what made you nervous was whether your music and you as an artist would meet their expectations.
然后……在同一次采访中,你说一旦你感受到了粉丝们的支持,接下来你会担心的是你的音乐和你作为一个艺术家是否能达到他们的期望
So how do you feel about the music right now?
那么你现在感觉你的音乐怎么样?
It's depends on you guys.
这要由你们来决定
It's good? OK.
还不错吗?好的
I was trying my best, yeah. I was trying my best, yeah.
我尽最大努力了
I made the NAMANANA 23 version of this song, because I want to make music be perfect, so...
NAMANANA这首歌我做了23个版本,因为我希望我的音乐是完美的,所以……
Everyday I just do over and over again.
每天我都反复地录制
Yeah so... hope you guys like it yeah.
所以……希望你们能喜欢
You have a personal mantra I understand, right?
据我所知你有自己的准则对吧?
Is it "try hard, work better" or?
是“努力努力再努力”吗?
I'm probably butchering it right now.
我可能说的不对
It's very important for me.
这对我来说非常重要
I live by this.
这是我的生活准则
You talk about 23 different versions of NAMANANA.
你刚刚提到了NAMANANA的23个版本
It's okay.
没关系
That's the remix. It's coming later.
刚刚那个是混音
You also produced this record?
同时,你也负责专辑的制作?
Of course I'm a music producer.
当然了,我是个音乐制作人
What do you say "of course"? A lot of artists as talented as you, they don't produce their own music. You do it all.
怎么能说“当然”呢?很多和你一样有才华的艺术家都不自己制作音乐
Yeah, I try, I try.
是的,我在尝试
NAMANANA and Give Me a Chance both is by myself, yeah, arrangement by myself.
NAMANANA和Give Me a Chance都是我自己制作的,都是我自己编曲的
Now do I have this story right? NAMANANA comes from Lion King?
我这个说法对吗?NAMANANA来自《狮子王》?
A little bit?
有那么点关系吗?
NAMANANA is not... don't have a meaning. It's not a real word and I made it.
NAMANANA不是……没有具体含义
And... I was inspired from the animation Lion King.
我受到了动画片《狮子王》的启发
Hakuna Matata you know right?
你知道Hakuna Matata吧?
Of course! You guys have that song?
当然了!你们听过那首歌吗?
Can we sing that a little bit? Can we get a little Hakuna Matata?
能唱一小段吗?能唱一小段Hakuna Matata吗?
Hakuna Matata~ Hakuna Matata~
Hakuna Matata~ Hakuna Matata~
You know they're remaking that movie, you might need to do the soundtrack.
你知道吗,他们在重新制作那部电影,你可能马上要去帮他们录原声带了
Just say it, Disney. Just say it!
发出邀请啊,迪士尼
So much to talk about with this record, 22 songs.
关于这张唱片有太多可聊的了,有22首歌
And you did it half in English and half in Chinese.
而且一半是英文歌,一半是中文歌
Chinese, yeah.
中文,没错
Right. Whose decision was that? That you wanted to do kind of a split album like that.
是的
Pardon?
可以再说一遍吗?
So where did that decision come from that you wanted to do half in English and then half in Chinese?
那么你是怎么决定一半用英语唱,一半用中文唱的呢?
Because... I want to come US market and so I want to use English as respect the country and culture, yeah.
因为…我想进入美国市场,所以我想用英语表达对这个国家和文化的尊重
So... and Chinese is, you know, I make M-pop.
中文的话,是因为,我唱M-pop
I want to share my music in US and I want to share Chinese culture and M-pop to all over the world, yeah.
我想在美国分享我的音乐,我想在全世界分享中国文化和M-pop
This is a tough question but out of all 22 songs you have a favorite or a couple favorites?
这个问题比较难
Of course NAMANANA is my favorite song, yeah.
最喜欢的一首当然是NAMANANA
Yeah then... before NAMANANA was Give Me a Chance and Mapo tofu.
然后的话……在NAMANANA之后,是 Give Me a Chance和麻婆豆腐