(单词翻译:单击)
Some chilies have 20, 40, 600-plus ingredients.
有些辣肉酱含有20种、40种或600多种配料
This one has 10, cause 10 is all you need.
这一款有10种配料,因为10种就够了
We're gonna turn the stovetop on medium high, get in a teaspoon of oil, which isn't necessarily necessary.
把炉子调到中火,倒一茶匙油,不是非常必要,也可以不放
Then throw in around two pounds of ground beef.
然后放进两磅左右的碎牛肉
So we're gonna start by browning the beef.
所以我们先来把肉煎称焦黄色
Why?
为什么?
That's right.
没错
Browning creates flavor.
煎至焦黄增加风味
Break it all up and let it sit for a couple minutes.
把它们弄散分开,静置煎几分钟
Once that starts to get nice and brown on one side, we're gonna flip it, then let it sit again.
等有一面开始出现漂亮的焦黄色,就可以翻面了,然后再静置煎一会儿
Flip it and sit it.
翻面,再煎
Just like what you do when your dog's bad.
就像你的狗不乖的时候你做的那样
Just kidding, don't flip your dog.
开玩笑的,不要丢你的狗
After a couple minutes, you can play meat peek-a-boo, just to check and see -- yep, that's browning, all right.
几分钟后,你就可以玩躲肉肉游戏了,检查看看——行了,上色了,不错
See, we're getting some nice, brown, crusty particules in there.
看,这肉上焦焦脆脆的部分
Gonna take a big, yellow onion.
拿出一个大的黄洋葱
Preferably the kind with garlic built in the middle.
最好是中间长出大蒜的那种
And systematically demolish this into smithereens.
用系统性的手法将它粉碎
And then add more garlic.
再加点蒜
Coat the bottom with a little bit of olive oil.
倒点橄榄油,能把锅底盖上就够了
Throw in the smithereens.
把洋葱碎扔进去
We cook these until they just start to brown.
把它们煎到开始上色
What I'm gonna do is add in a little more olive sauce.
我现在要再多加点橄榄油
We get both the built-in and independent garlic in there for just a couple minutes.
把长在洋葱中间的蒜和独立蒜都扔进去,炒几分钟
Now I'm going to spoon our brown beef into there.
把刚刚的焦黄牛肉碎盛进去
You can add in one teaspoon of salt.
加一勺盐
I'm just gonna break that beef up a little bit more.
我要再把牛肉捣碎一点
I'm gonna take a can of crushed tomatoes.
我准备加一罐番茄碎进去
If you can't find powerstone crushed tomatoes, you can just give it a powerstone tap before you open it.
你过你找不到用魔法石碾碎的番茄碎,你可以在打开它之前用魔法石砸一砸
You can also play the washboard.
你也可以把它当搓衣板玩
Now we'll just baptize that beef.
现在我们要给牛肉施洗礼
I hereby consecrate you with the power of tomato.
我在此用番茄的力量将你圣化
You're probably gonna want to start turning that down before you get chili lava all over the place.
你最好把火调小一点,要不辣肉酱汁会溅得到处都是
Now I'm going to add two tablespoons of chili powder.
现在我要加两大勺辣椒粉
Keep in mind that any powder that you add to chili automatically becomes chili powder.
记住,你往辣酱肉里加的任何粉都会自动变成辣椒粉
This cumin, for example, which I'm adding a tablespoon of, is now chili powder.
比如这个孜然,我加了一大勺,现在它变成了辣椒粉了
Now I'll add in one cup of beef broth, because you want to create the sense that cattle are charging at you from multiple directions.
现在我要加一杯牛肉汤,因为你想要做出一种牛从四面八方向你冲来的味道
Now I'll cover that and let it simmer on low.
盖上锅盖,小火慢炖
There's a bit of a debate in the chili world over whether or not you're supposed to include beans.
在辣酱肉界,关于是否应该加豆子有一些争论
And I can honestly say after doing a lot of research on this, who gives a fxxx?
在做了很多研究之后,我可以很负责任地说,谁在乎这鬼东西啊?
If you like beans and chili, put beans and chili.
如果你喜欢豆子和辣椒,那就放豆子和辣椒
If you don't like beans and chili but you dislike someone who also doesn't like beans and chili more than you dislike beans and chili, put beans and chili.
如果你不喜欢豆子和辣椒,但你不喜欢的人比你更不喜欢豆子和辣椒,那你还是要放豆子和辣椒
So we'll open up a can of these chatty bastards.
所以我们打开这装满喋喋不休的混蛋的罐子
Wash off the bastard sauce.
把这些混蛋上的酱洗掉
Oh, no. Did you see the rag touch that bean?
哦,不是吧
Ooh, guys, no.
哦,朋友们,好恶心
Kill it with fire.
火化它
It's the right thing to do.
就该这么做
So that's sputtering like a dirty mass airflow sensor.
它噼啪冒泡的声音好像脏了吧唧的大型气流传感器
So we're just going to give that a bit of a wang jangle.
那么我们把它搅一搅
I'm gonna add in the old beans.
把这些老豆子倒进去
Oh, whoops, I forgot.
哦,糟糕,我忘了
Half a tablespoon of brown sugar, cause we need as many brown things as possible.
半勺红糖,因为我们要尽可能多加棕褐色的东西
We're gonna let this simmer for another half an hour to an hour.
让这东西再炖半小时到一小时
Some people associate chili with toughness.
有些人把辣酱肉和强硬联系在一起
Like, you're a lumberjack or someone who chops trees down.
就像,你是伐木工或者砍树的人
If you wanna sort of go down that toughness road, you can use a wangjangler that's attached to a brick, also known as a brangjangler.
如果你想走那种强硬风,你可以用一个绑在砖头上的搅拌棒,也被称为砖棒
But if you're just a cool, laid-back dude with nothing to prove, you can use a tiny whisk, also known as a tangwangler.
但如果你只是一个酷酷的懒散的家伙,没有什么需要证明的,你可以用一个小搅拌器,也被称为弱棒
But if you're on a whole another level of toughness, you can use a steel mace wangjangler, also known as a stangmangler.
但如果你的强硬水平更上一层,你可以使用钢制狼牙棒,也被称为钢狼棒
Additionally, you can also just add in no more than a single drop of tough sauce.
另外,你也可以加强硬酱,只能加一滴别加多了
Ooh, let's be careful.
哦,小心点
And we'll just wangtangle that up.
搅拌搅拌
0% WABS.
完全没有稀汤症
Toppings.
顶部配料(浇头)
Who needs them? I do.
谁需要这些东西啊?我
Shredded cheddar, sour cream, scallion, chopped tomato, cilantro, tortilla chips, woodchips, everything in a special place forever.
切达干酪丝,酸奶油,葱花,番茄碎,香菜,玉米片,木片,所有永远放在某个特殊地方的东西
It's like you're building the meal on top of the chili.
这就像你在辣酱肉上做菜
It's almost as if the chili becomes the most flavorful rice you could ever possibly imagine.
就好像辣酱肉变成了你能想象到的最美味的米饭
That's a damn good chili.
这辣酱肉真太好吃了