(单词翻译:单击)
The skin of a squash is extremely tough, so always use your strongest knife when you cut it.
南瓜的皮非常硬,所以切南瓜的时候一定要用你最结实的刀子
If you don't have a chainsaw, you can use a knife.
如果你没有电锯,你可以用刀
Definitely takes some elbow grease.
绝对要费点力气
And scoop these guts out.
把这些内脏挖出来
Once you got that halved, then it becomes obvious why butternut squash is also known as nature's ladle.
当你把南瓜对半切开,那么为什么冬南瓜也被称为大自然的勺子就很明显了
We're gonna start carving out squash.
我们要开始雕刻南瓜了
Whoops.
啊哦
So you got your two pieces here.
那么两块都弄好了
What you're gonna do is take a hinge.
你要做的就是拿一个铰链
Line that up between the crack.
把他和裂缝对齐放在中间
Take your screws.
拿起你的螺丝
And just screw those into the squash.
把它们拧进南瓜里
Don't over-tighten them, though.
不过,不要拧太紧了
You might break the screw.
你可能会把螺丝搞崩了
Oh shit, it's not opening.
该死,打不开了
Oh, I see.
哦,我明白了
So, we'll just cut this off, I guess.
那我们就直接把这里切掉吧,我觉得
Yeah, so that works pretty great.
这样就可以用了,很不错嘛
Put this in right here.
把这个东西放在这
So now we're gonna be able to lock it.
所以现在我们就能把它锁起来了
And we'll just take this handle.
然后我们把这个把手装上
Great!
妙!
And then... Oh, shit.
然后...该死
Okay, just unscrew that.
好吧,拧下来吧
This is what happens when you pioneer something new.
这就是开拓新事物时可能发生的事
You're gonna run into problems, but you do that so that the people who come after you don't have to have those issues.
你会遇到问题,但你这样做是为了后面的人避免这些问题
That's what being an innovator's all about.
这就是成为创新者的意义所在
I'm kind of like the Elon Musk of squash cases.
我有点像南瓜盒界的伊隆·马斯克
And basically what you've created is a perfect holder for your banana that you can just carry with you wherever you go.
基本上,一个完美的香蕉收纳盒就完成了,你可以带着它去任何地方
So this is just a quick access, I guess?
这里是一个快速通道,算是吧?
A lot of benefits to a squash case.
南瓜盒有很多用途
So we're going to take a leek.
接下来我们拿一根大葱
Some olive oil, throw those leeks in, brown them a bit to add some flavor.
倒一点橄榄油,把葱扔进去,稍微煎出点味道
Try not to burn them like I did.
尽量别像我这样烧过头了
In your food processor or blender, throw in the squash, garlic, and some veggie stock and the leeks.
拿出你的食品加工机或搅拌机,扔进南瓜、蒜、蔬菜汤,还有葱
So we'll get that blending.
接下来让它开始搅拌
Take that gloriousness and pour it in the pan.
把这豪华组合倒进平底锅里
I mean, the pot.
哦不对,我是说煮锅
While that's heating up, gonna add some salt, and a little bit of pepper.
加热的时候,加一点盐和一点胡椒
Pepper pepper!
胡椒胡椒!
And I'm gonna throw in a bit of curry powder, because orange on orange tastes really good.
我要加一点咖喱粉,因为橘色加橘色味道会非常好
Don't taste it too soon if you blend it raw like that, cause it aarrlgh.
如果你像这样就把生的东西搅拌了一下,不要太快品尝味道,因为它很恶心
Don't think too much about what that sounds like.
关于这个声音听起来像什么,不要想太多
Very simple, very yummy.
简单又好吃
Squash comes from the Cucurbitaceae family which is the same family as gourds.
南瓜来自葫芦科,与葫芦属同一科
Such as the Kusarigama, the Bumptolophagus, the Payronieous, the Antoni Gaudi, the Squeegle, the Hoogalabooblahblah, and the Rectus Uncomftormus.
比如Kusarigama, Bumptolophagus, Payronieous, Antoni Gaudi, Squeegle, hoogalabooahblah,和Rectus uncomtormus
If you wanna bake butternut squash and you get one that just isn't buttery enough and nutty enough.
如果你想烤冬南瓜(英文直译是黄油坚果南瓜),但是你的瓜既不黄油又不坚果
Simply coat it in butter and then roll it in powder stone-crushed nuts and let that marinade for 7 to 8 weeks.
你可以直接地把它裹上黄油,然后在石头碾碎的坚果粉中滚动,浸泡7到8周
If you have one that's perfect.
如果你有一个很完美的瓜
We're gonna chop this in half, peel it with a peeler.
我们就可以把它切半,用削皮刀削皮
It's actually pretty fun.
可好玩了
I mean, it's not roller coaster fun, but...
我是说,虽然不像过山车那么好玩,但...
If you don't have a peeler, just cut right down like that.
如果你没有削皮刀,就像这样切就行了
Throw these into a pan.
把它们扔到盘子里
Olive oil.
橄榄油
Salt.
盐
Pepper, pepper, pepper.
胡椒,胡椒,胡椒
Fresh sage leaves. Whaaat?
新鲜的鼠尾草叶子
Then we'll mix that all together.
然后把它们混合到一起
What the hell?
这是咋回事?
Then we'll take the other half.
然后我们拿出另一半
Salt.
盐
Squash has recently been named a superfood, and the butter helps counteract the healthy effects.
最近,南瓜被称为超级食物,抹点黄油有助于抵消它的健康功效
Throw some in there.
往这里放点
Create a little river here.
在这弄一条小河
Little bit of maple syrup.
一点枫糖浆
It's probably way too sweet, but you know what?
很可能太甜了,但你知道吗?
You only live however many times you get reincarnated, so...
无论你转世多少次,你都只能活下去,所以...
Onion's on 400.
烤箱400度
It's been about 30 minutes.
大概过了三十分钟
Just gonna wang-jangle this one a bit.
把它们稍微搅一下
Spoon this butter and maple syrup over top.
用勺子把黄油枫糖浆洒在上面
Best thing you can do with these is...blurgh.
你最好拿着个...呕
Let's do a little test here.
让我们先试吃一下
Mmm...sage squash is so good.
嗯…鼠尾草南瓜很好吃
It's all so good but I think you really need to get the maple and butter in there otherwise it's pretty bland so...
都不错,但我觉得你真的需要加入枫木和黄油,否则会没什么味道,所以...
Dice it and then douse it.
切开,浸泡一下
I'm gonna declare the sage squash the ultimate champion here.
我宣布鼠尾草南瓜就是最棒的
Regardless of how you do your squash, don't serve it like this.
不管你怎么做南瓜,不要这样端上来
That's baby food.
那时宝宝辅食
And that's condescending to anyone over the age of 18...months.
对年龄超过18个月的人来说太傲慢了
And, you know, butternut squash might not be your thing so if you don't like it, try one of the other varieties
你可能不喜欢冬南瓜,所以如果你不喜欢它的话,可以试试其他品种
like cutternut squash, or shutternut squash, or gutternut squash, or clutternut squash, or flutternut squash, or uddernut squash.
比如刀南瓜、百叶南瓜、水沟南瓜、混乱南瓜、鼓翼南瓜或者乳房南瓜