(单词翻译:单击)
I remember my mother and father, but I can't picture them.
我还记得我的父母,但是我没法描述他们的样子。
You see, I was taken away from them when I was very young...
在我很小的时候,我就被从他们身边带走了...
and told that someday I would see them again. But that was a lie.
并且被告知在某一天我会再见到他们的。但那就是个谎言。
The doctors and nurses here... they want to give you hope... that, one day, you can leave here.
这里的医生和护士,会给你希望,会让你觉得有一天你可以离开这里。
But you deserve someone to show you mercy.
但你值得有人对你仁慈。
How different I would be if someone had.
如果有人这么对我,那我就会不一样了。
Looking good today, Mildred.
今天气色不错啊,米尔德丽德。
Ladies and gentlemen, you're about to witness history. I present to you the lobotomy.
女士们先生们,你们即将见证历史。我要向你们介绍额叶切除术。
Juvenile distraction, lesbianism, mania, all of these maladies can be reversed.
青少年注意力不集中,女同性恋,狂躁症,所有这些疾病都可以被逆转。
But then aren't we playing God?
但我们这样不就是在扮演上帝吗?
Aren't we saying there's one feeling that's right and another feeling that's wrong?
我们不就是说,有一种感觉是对的,另一种感觉是错的吗?
Well, there are rights and there are wrongs.
凡事确实有对有错。
I wanna be normal.
我想当正常人。
I believe that.
我相信这一点。
I believe there are some things that are worse to feel than simply feeling nothing.
我相信对于有些事情来说,能感觉到比什么都感觉不到要更糟糕。
Dry your tears. There will be no death today. I'm going to help you.
擦干你的泪水。今天不会有人死掉的。我会帮你的。
I don't know what you're after, but I will not stand for this.
我不知道你想要什么,但我忍受不了。
If I were you, I would choose my next words very carefully.
如果我是你的话,我会非常谨慎地考虑接下来要说的话。
Allow me to warn you that you have found yourself in the most unenviable of positions.
容我警告你,你让自己处于了最不利的境地。
Oh, I beg to differ.
这我可不敢苟同。
People like us, places like this, are maybe where we belong.
像我们这样的人,像这样的地方,也许才是我们的归宿。