冰与火之歌系列之《列王的纷争》第675期:凯特琳(11)
日期:2020-12-28 08:29

(单词翻译:单击)

"Do I?" Renly shrugged. "So be it.

“是么?”蓝礼耸肩,“大概是吧。

Stannis was never the most cherished of brothers, I confess.

我得承认,史坦尼斯在我们兄弟之间向来不大讨喜欢。

Do you suppose this tale of his is true? If Joffrey is the Kingslayer's get—"

嘿,你觉得他那个故事有没有可能?如果乔佛里是弑君者的——”

"—your brother is the lawful heir."

“——你哥哥就是法定继承人。”

"While he lives," Renly admitted.

“如果他活着,”蓝礼承认。

OIP (3).jpg

"Though it's a fool's law, wouldn't you agree?

“这算那门子傻瓜律法,你不这么认为么?

Why the oldest son, and not the best-fitted?

为什么要选最老的,而不是最好的?

The crown will suit me, as it never suited Robert and would not suit Stannis.

王冠正适合我,正如它从未适合劳勃,更不会适合史坦尼斯。

I have it in me to be a great king, strong yet generous, clever, just, diligent,

我能当个伟大的国王,强大而慷慨,聪明,公正又勤勉,

loyal to my friends and terrible to my enemies, yet capable of forgiveness, patient—"

对我的朋友我无比忠诚,对我的敌人我决不宽恕,我有宽大的胸怀,耐心——”

"—humble?" Catelyn supplied.

“——以及谦逊?”凯特琳补充。

Renly laughed. "You must allow a king some flaws, my lady."

蓝礼哈哈大笑:“你总得允许国王有几个缺点嘛,好夫人。”

Catelyn felt very tired. It had all been for nothing.

凯特琳疲倦得无以复加。最终我还是一事无成。

The Baratheon brothers would drown each other in blood while her son faced the Lannisters alone, and nothing she could say or do would stop it.

这对拜拉席恩兄弟即将骨肉相残,她儿子仍旧只能孤军面对兰尼斯特,而她什么也劝说不了,怎么也阻止不住。

It is past time I went back to Riverrun to close my father's eyes, she thought.

是我返回奔流城为爸爸阖眼的时候了,她心想,至少我能做到这个。

That much at least I can do. I may be a poor envoy, but I am a good moumer, gods save me.

我也许是个糟糕的使节,但我能当个挺好的悼亡人,诸神保佑我。

Their camp was well sited atop a low stony ridge that ran from north to south.

他们的营地精心构建在一条南北走向、低矮多石的山冈上。

It was far more orderly than the sprawling encampment on the Mander, though only a quarter as large.

营区虽然只有曼德河畔那座大营的四分之一左右,却要整齐有序得多。

When he'd learned of his brother's assault on Storm's End, Renly had split his forces, much as Robb had done at the Twins.

当蓝礼得知哥哥突袭风息堡的消息之后,立刻将部队分开,正如罗柏当日在孪河城下之所为。

His great mass of foot he had left behind at Bitterbridge with his young queen, his wagons, carts, draft animals,

他把庞大的步兵军团留在苦桥保护他的王后、车辆、辎重、牲畜、

and all his cumbersome siege machinery, while Renly himself led his knights and freeriders in a swift dash east.

以及那堆笨重的攻城机器,然后率领手下的骑士和自由骑手星夜挥师东进。

How like his brother Robert he was, even in that...

他的举手投足多像他哥哥劳勃啊,连行为方式也那么相似……

only Robert had always had Eddard Stark to temper his boldness with caution.

只是劳勃有奈德伴随左右,每每以谨慎调和他的冲动。

Ned would surely have prevailed upon Robert to bring up his whole force, to encircle Stannis and besiege the besiegers.

如果今天在这里的是劳勃和奈德,奈德一定会坚持把整个大军尽数遣来,包围史坦尼斯,围攻围攻者。

That choice Renly had denied himself in his headlong rush to come to grips with his brother.

可蓝礼轻率地否定了这一选择,急急忙忙跑来对付他的哥哥。

分享到