(单词翻译:单击)
Hello psychgoers, welcome back.
嗨,欢迎收看本期节目
Before we begin, we would like to thank you all so much for supporting our channel.
节目开始前,非常感谢你们对我们频道的支持
Our aim is to make mental health and psychology information accessible to everyone
我们的目标是让每个人都能了解心理健康和心理学的信息,
and we hope you gain something from this video.
希望你能从这个视频中有所收获
So let's begin.
我们开始吧
Have you ever tried to make yourself more attractive?
你有没有试过让自己更有魅力?
Perhaps you've dabbled in makeup or showered in cologne.
也许你曾经化过妆或洒过古龙香水
Although physical appearance is still a powerful part of attraction.
尽管外表仍然是吸引人的重要因素
In the complex world of human interaction, some qualities can actually be immediate turn offs.
在复杂的人际互动世界中,有些品质可能会立即消失
So here are six things that people find unattractive.
以下六件事,会让人们觉得你缺少吸引力
Number one, lack of humor.
第一,缺乏幽默感
Many studies of laughter indicate that it is a social phenomenon that can promote acceptance and loyalty within a group.
许多关于笑的研究表明,笑是一种社会现象,可以促进群体内的接受度和忠诚感
Even when the joke isn't that funny at all.
即使这个笑话一点也不好笑
Humor can create bonds.
幽默可以建立联结
In fact a 2015 study at the university of kansas found, the more times a man tries to be funny and the more times a woman laughs at his jokes,
事实上,堪萨斯大学2015年进行的一项研究发现,男性越试图让自己有趣,同时女性对他的笑话笑得越多,
the more interested they are in each other.
他们对对方就越感兴趣
Conversely, when you don't react, no matter the joke, it suggests that you don't approve of the jokester.
相反,当你没有反应时,不管开什么玩笑,都表明你不赞成讲笑话的人
Not laughing can be a social cue that tells others to leave you alone.
不笑可能是一种社交线索,告诉别人不要打扰你
Number two, closed body language.
第二,封闭式肢体语言
You tend to hunch or cross your arms often.
你常常会驼背或交叉双臂
Closed off body language can make you seem distanced and emotionally unavailable.
封闭式的肢体语言会让你显得疏远,情感上让人无法沟通
Two qualities that aren't very attractive in a potential mate or date.
与潜在的伴侣或约会对象相处时,这两种特质都不吸引人
While you might cross your arms to keep yourself warm,
当你交叉双臂取暖时,
your date might perceive your body language as defensiveness or even a sign that you disagree with them.
你的约会对象可能会觉得你的肢体语言是一种防御,甚至是你不同意他们的一种迹象
Number three, negativity.
第三,消极
Pessimism can sometimes be contagious and not very attractive.
悲观主义有时会传染,也不太吸引人
If you walk into a room with your head low and your words all jumbled,
如果你低头走进一个房间,讲话杂乱无章,
your insecurity can actually spread and might make others feel uncomfortable.
你的不安全感实际上会蔓延开来,可能让其他人都感到不舒服
Negativity, whether about yourself or others, tends to be perceived by others.
消极情绪,不管是关于你自己还是他人,都会让别人察觉到
We prefer positivity.
我们更喜欢正能量
Just like how we appreciate people with self-confidence.
就像我们欣赏自信的人一样
Number four, have you stayed up to finish a paper or a deadline.
第四,你有没有熬夜赶论文或在最后期限之前完成一项工作
According to conducted research, you tend to look less attractive when you don't sleep.
一项调查显示,你不睡觉时,看起来就会缺乏吸引力
A 2013 Swedish study found that red eyes, hanging eyelids and dark circles can make you look sad and stressed.
2013年瑞典的一项研究发现,眼睛发红、眼睑下垂和黑眼圈会让你看起来显得悲伤,又充满压力
Sleep-deprived participants were generally rated as less healthy and less attractive.
睡眠不足的参与者通常被评为健康状况较差、吸引力较低的人
Which shows the effects of not getting enough sleep on the body.
这表明了睡眠不足对身体的影响
Number five, narcissism.
第五,自恋
Narcissism is when you have an inflated sense of self-importance.
自恋是指你有一种夸大自我重要性的感觉
If you boast about your accomplishments, instead of taking an interest in actively asking or listening to others,
如果你夸耀自己的成就,而不是主动询问或倾听他人的意见,
you can come off as arrogant or even rude.
你可能会表现得傲慢甚至粗鲁
Relationships are made with two people, not one.
关系是由两个人建立的,而不是一个人
Number six, strange body smells.
第六,身体有异味
We all have odors, but not all body odors aren't necessarily bad.
我们都有体味,但并不是所有的体味都不好闻
Somebody odors can be naturally attractive, because they indicate genetic compatibility based on our immune systems.
有些人的体味本身就吸引人,因为它们表明我们的免疫系统具有遗传互补性
Our sense of smell is powerful since like lavender, vanilla, peppermint and ginger
我们的嗅觉很强大,像薰衣草、香草、薄荷和姜
have potential abilities to increase desire and performance.
具有提升欲望和表现的潜在能力
And avoiding bad body odor can improve people's perceptions of you.
避免体味难闻,可以改善人们对你的看法
These are a number of factors that could make you seem less attractive to people.
有很多因素会让你看起来对别人缺乏吸引力
From humor to body language to narcissism,
从幽默到肢体语言再到自恋,
people generally tend to like people who are open to communicate and show care towards others and also take care of themselves.
人们通常倾向于喜欢那些乐于交流、关心他人,又能照顾自己的人
What are some things you personally find unattractive?
你个人觉得哪些事情不那么吸引人?
Do you agree with any of these points?
你同意以上的观点吗?
Let us know in the comments below.
请在下面的评论区给我们留言
Also if you enjoyed this video, be sure to like and share it with someone who might find it insightful too.
另外,如果你喜欢这个视频,一定要点赞,并与有见地的人分享
Don't forget to subscribe to psycgo for more content and thanks for watching.
记得订阅我们的频道,获取更多内容,感谢收看
We'll see you next time.
我们下次见