(单词翻译:单击)
Thank you. First of all, I have to, I have to thank God.
谢谢 。首先,我必须要感谢上帝 。
Because 11 years ago, I didn't know if I would be here to accept this award, so....
因为11年前,我都不知道我是否能站在这里领取这个奖项,所以...
It's truly a blessing as everybody has mentioned before.
正如每个人之前提到的,这真的上帝赐福 。
I got up here. You do not go into this Hall of Fame and win this honor by yourself.
我走上了这个舞台 。进入名人堂并赢得这一荣誉,你绝不是只依靠自己 。
Larry you know, you just what a basketball player should be. You....
拉里·伯德,你知道吗,你就是一个篮球运动员应该的样子 。你...
The biggest reason that I'm here is because of you, make me go to that gym every summer.
我能在这里的最重要的原因就是因为你,是你让我每个夏天都冲进场馆里 。
Not only staying for four hours, but I figure out I'd better stay for six,
不是只在里面练四个小时,而是最好要练六个小时,
because I knew you were there about five or six hours.
因为我知道你会在里面练五或者六个小时 。
So it was tremendous playing against you, and I'm just happy and I thank God that I got to know you,
能和你对抗真得非常棒,我很开心,我也很感谢上帝让我认识了你,
not as just Larry Bird the basketball player, but Larry Bird the man. And I appreciate you coming out.
不是仅仅认识身为篮球运动员的拉里·伯德,而是身为男人的拉里·伯德 。我很感激你能来 。
There's been a lot of people who have touched my life
一路走来,有很多人影响了我的人生,
and made it possible for me to be who I was out on the basketball court.
让我有可能成为了后来篮球场上的自己 。
I started off with, the first of all,
首先我要说的就是,
I want to thank all my friends for shoveling the snow off that basketball court with me.
我要感谢我所有的朋友们,和我一起把球场上的雪铲掉 。
I know you didn't want to be out there, but you knew I did.
我知道你们不想去球场,但你们知道我想去 。
That's why you stayed with me. Dale, Kenny, Dino, James, all of you.
所以你们才和我在一起 。没错,就是你们,戴尔,肯尼,迪诺,詹姆斯 。
And to all my coaches: Mr. Rose Finn, Mr. Brook House.
另外还要感谢我所有的教练,罗斯·费恩先生还有布鲁克·豪斯先生 。
But first of all, Mr. Derek for teaching me the fundamentals of basketball.
但是首先我要感谢德里克先生教会我篮球的基本功 。
And you were like a second father to me,
你就像我的第二位父亲一样,
and I thank your wife for always cooking those great tacos after we were done playing.
我还要感谢你的妻子总是在我们打完球之后,做那些美味的墨西哥玉米卷 。
I thank my high school coach, Mr. Fox, for teaching me that making your players better with win championships.
我要感谢我的高中教练福克斯先生,感谢你教会我,赢得冠军才能造就更好的球员 。
I remember when you, my senior year, and I was after over 40 points,
我还记得我高四的时候,我在争取得分超过40分,
and you said, "Earvin, we will never win with you average over 40 points.
然后你说:“埃尔文,要是你场均得分超过40分,那我们永远不会获胜 。
You got an average around 20, 25 and make all the other players better."
你要做的就是平均每场得20、25分,然后让所有其他队员变得更出色 。”
And you're the first one who started me off learning that, and I thank you for that.
你是第一个让我开始学习这一点的人,我非常感谢你 。
And coach Heathcote, I thank you for defining the basketball guards,
还有希思科特教练,很感谢你定义了篮球后卫这一概念,
when you said, "Hey, guys 6'9", but I'm gonna let him play point guard anyway."
你那时说:“嘿,这小伙子六尺九,但是我就要让他去打控球后卫 。”
And you taught me how to be a perfectionist.
你教会了我如何成为一个完美主义者 。
You always said, "Earvin, if you're gonna take those shots in the game, you gotta practice and practice."
你总是说:“埃尔文,如果你想在比赛中命中投篮,那你必须不断地练习 。”
And then as Eric Snow and all the rest of the guys, you always holler, "Be a guard, not a garbage."
接下来是埃里克·斯诺和其他各位,你们总是叫嚷着:“要成为一个后卫,而不是成为一个垃圾 。”
And I hope I was a guard and not a garbage.
我希望我是一个后卫,而不是一个垃圾 。
And Tom Izzo, thank you for bringing both of them here, to be here with me.
还有汤姆·伊佐,感谢你把他们俩都带到这里来,和我在一起 。