(单词翻译:单击)
Thank you. Thank you.
谢谢 。谢谢 。
I told all my friends I was just gonna come up here and say 'thank you' and walk off.
我告诉我所有的朋友们,我上来就说个谢谢然后就走 。
I can't. There's no way. I got too many people I gotta thank.
不 。不可能的 。有太多我需要感谢的人 。
In all the videos, you never just saw me; you saw Scottie Pippin. Every Championship I won.
你在那些集锦中看到的永远不只有我一个人,你还会看到斯科蒂·皮蓬 。还有我们获得的每个冠军 。
I've had a lot of questions over the last four weeks, and everybody's saying 'well, why'd you pick David Thompson?'
在过去的四个星期里我收到了很多的问题,每个人都想问,为什么你选了大卫·汤普森(当你的推荐人)?
I know why, and David knows why, and maybe you guys don't know why,
我知道为什么,大卫也知道为什么,但你们可能不知道,
but as I grew up in North Carolina, I was 11 years old in 1974 I think when you guys won the championship.
我在北卡罗来纳州长大,在我11岁那年,好像是1974年吧,你们赢了大西洋海岸联盟决赛 。
And uh, I was an anti-Carolina guy -- I hated UNC, and here I ended up at UNC.
我当时个人是不支持北卡罗来纳大学的,甚至是讨厌他们的,可是我最后还是上了北卡 。
But I was in love with David Thompson.
但是我很欣赏大卫·汤普森 。
Not just for the game of basketball, but in terms of what he represented.
不仅仅是喜欢看他打球,更欣赏他身上具有的那种特质 。
You know, we all -- as Vivienne said -- we go through our trials and tribulations.
正如薇薇安所说,我们都曾经历过重重磨难 。
And, he did. And I was inspired by him.
他克服了它们 。我被他的精神所激励 。
And when I called him and asked him to uh, stand up for me, I know that I shocked the shit outta him.
当我打电话邀请他做我的举荐人时,我知道我把他给吓尿了 。
I know I did. But... he was very kind and said 'yea, I'll do it.'
我知道的 。但是他非常的大度,然后说,“行,那我来吧 。”
And that wasn't out of disrespect to any of my Carolina guys -- they all know I'm a true blue Carolina guy to the heart.
我可不是不尊重咱北卡人,大伙儿都知道我是留着蓝色血液的北卡人 。
Coach Smith, Larry Brown, Sam Perkins, James Worthy -- you know, all of those guys.
迪恩·史密斯教练、拉里·布朗、萨姆·博金斯、詹姆斯·沃西,我和他们是一样的 。
Well, it all starts with my parents
我想从我的父母开始说起,
you guys see all the highlights; what is it about me that you guys don't know?
你们看到的都是我的高光时刻,但是有哪些关于我的,是你们不知道的呢?
Uh, as I sat up here and watch all the other recipients stand up here and they give the history;
当我坐在底下,观看其他入选者站在这里讲述他们的过往的时候,
there's so many things I didn't know about Jerry Sloan.
比如说关于杰里·斯隆,我有太多之前根本不了解的事情 。
I know he lived on a farm, but I didn't know he was in a small classroom from the first grade to the eighth grade.
我知道他住在一个农场里,但我不知道他从一年级到八年级一直都在一个小教室里 。
Even David Robinson -- obviously I've known David for some time and you know,
甚至是大卫·罗宾逊,我认识大卫很久了,
I've found some things out about him, and even with John I found some bad things -- or good things out about him.
但是今天还是听了不少关于他的事情,还有约翰·斯托克顿干过的好事和糗事 。
And even Viv -- Viv, I've known Viv for years.
还有薇薇安,我和她相识很多年了 。
Her and my father and my Mom spent a lot of time on the Nike trips and I found out a lot of good things about her,
她和我父母在耐克做的活动中接触过很长时间,我今天又听到了不少关于她的传奇,
but what about me that you guys don't know?
那关于我,有什么是你们不知道的呢?
I got two brothers -- James and Larry -- they're 5'4", 5'5" in height.
我有两个兄弟,詹姆斯和拉里 。他俩一个5英尺4英寸、一个5英尺5英寸 。
They gave me all I could ever ask for as a brother in terms of competition.
在竞争方面,他们给了我作为兄弟所能要求的一切 。
You know you would think -- my brother Larry is an ideal situation where small things come in small packages;
就是这样,我哥拉里,无论大小事物什么都要和我争上一争,
this dude fought me every single day.
这家伙每天都和我作对 。
And to the extent that my mother used to come out and make us come in because we were fighting way too much.
到了某些时候,我母亲都得出面,让我们进来,因为我们争得太激烈了 。
And my older brother was always gone -- he served in the Army for 31 years.
我的大哥则很少在家,他在军队服役了31年 。
And the competition didn't stop there
竞争远不止如此,
my sister, who is one year younger than me, Raz, never wanted to be home by herself.
我妹妹萝丝,比我小一岁,天天不安于室 。
She took classes -- extra classes to graduate from High School with me,
她会上额外的课程,跟我一同高中毕业,
to go to University of North Carolina with me, and to graduate -- prior -- than me.
和我一起上北卡罗来纳大学,竟然还比我早毕业!
And you guys sit there asking where is my competition or where did my competitive nature come from? It came from them.
你们不是总问我,我的好胜心从何而来,我的好胜天性从何而来吗?这都是他们逼的 。
It came from my older sister, who's not here today.
甚至我的老姐也参与其中,她今天不在这里 。
And my father, who's not here today -- obviously he's with us in all of us.
还有我的父亲,他已经不在了,但是他的灵魂与我们同在 。
I mean my competitive nature has gone a long way from the first time I picked up any sport
我的好胜天性从我第一次接触运动开始就显露了,
baseball, football, ran track, basketball -- anything to miss class, I played it.
无论是棒球,橄榄球,田径,篮球,只要能翘课的,我都玩儿 。