(单词翻译:单击)
Maturity is not simply something that comes with age.
成熟不是简单地年龄增长 。
Whether you're physically old or young, emotional maturity comes from how you act and think in life.
不论年长还是年轻,心理成熟取决于你在生活中如何行动和思考 。
Do you wonder if you're more mature the most? 'Wise beyond your age', they say?
你想知道自己是不是更成熟?他们总说你,‘拥有超越年龄的智慧’?
Are you often considered the old soul in your group of friends? Then perhaps you may recognize some of these signs of emotional maturity.
在你的朋友圈里,你是不是经常被认为是一个老灵魂?那么你或许了解一些心理成熟的迹象 。
1. You acknowledge, you know very little.
1. 你承认,自己知道的很少 。
Along with the willingness to learn things, you feel no embarrassment in admitting that you don't know everything.
除了愿意学习,你还觉得承认自己并非无所不知也没有什么好尴尬的 。
Carrying this mindset creates an appetite for curiosity and the ability to appreciate learning.
这种心态创造出了对好奇的欲望以及学习的能力 。
This also ties into the Dunning-Kruger effect, where one is over confident in their abilities, which unknowingly limits their intake of knowledge.
这也和达克效应相关,即一个人对自己的能力过于自信,这在不知不觉中限制了他们对知识的吸收 。
Greek philosopher Socrates once said, the only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
希腊哲学家苏格拉底曾说过,真正的智慧是知道自己一无所知 。
2. You keep an open mind towards the opinions and beliefs of others.
2. 对别人的观点和信仰持开放态度 。
Being able to see different points of view allows us to accept other's differences in opinions or thoughts with respect,
能够看到不同的观点让我们能够带着尊重、谦逊和同理心接受别人不同的观点或想法,
humility and empathy, regardless of whether you agree with them or not.
不论你是否同意他们的观点 。
Do you find yourself actively listening to the views and opinions of others?
你发现自己会主动倾听别人的看法和观点么?
Being able to tolerate the perspectives of others without forcing your opinions upon them makes you someone people can trust.
能够接受其他人的观点,并不强迫别人接受你的观点会让你成为一个值得信任的人 。
Trust goes hand in hand with being approachable, the ability to have this open mind
信任与友善是密不可分的,拥有这种开放性思维的能力
ensures that you take advantage of opportunities to learn and enrich your life with the everlasting flow of knowledge.
确保你能抓住学习的机会,用源源不断的知识丰富你的生活 。
3. You feel no embarrassment in admitting your mistakes.
3. 承认自己的错误也不会觉得尴尬 。
Everyone makes mistakes in life and that's perfectly okay.
每个人都会犯错,这是可以接受的 。
Maturity is when you hold yourself responsible for your mistakes and build trust rather than deny and lose respect.
成熟是你为自己的错误负责,建立信任,而不是否认并失去尊重 。
It feels like business, those who accept and learn from their mistakes frequently get higher leadership positions than those who don't.
就像在工作中,那些能接受错误并从中吸取教训的人往往比那些不接受错误的人获得更高的领导职位 。
Whether it's work or your mind, growth directly correlates with the willingness to acknowledge your weaknesses.
不管是工作还是思想上的成长都和承认自己弱点的意愿有着直接的关联 。
How is being responsible contributed to your overall work ethic?
负责任对你的职业道德有什么贡献?
4. You are open and willing to accept change.
4. 你愿意接受变化,对变化持开放态度 。
With modern day advances, society is always changing. The importance of certain issues can drastically change in a short period of time.
随着现代社会的进步,社会一直在发生变化 。某些问题的重要性可以在短时间内发生剧烈变化 。
As funny as it may sound, change is the only promise consistency in life.
听起来很有趣,但变化生活中唯一不变的承诺 。
Being able to mold our ideas and beliefs on new and reliable information helps you keep up with the everlasting cycle of change in our lives.
根据新的可靠的信息来塑造我们的想法和信念,可以帮助你跟上我们生活中永恒的变化循环 。
This emphasizes the importance of being aware and mindful of different ideas and perspectives.
这强调了意识和留心不同想法和观点的重要性 。
The human race and its success is the result of our natural instinct to adapt and change to anything new.
人类及其成功是我们适应并随着任何新事物而改变的自然本能的结果 。
Whether it be blockbuster or Kodak film, there are many historic examples of success being toppled by the stubbornness to change.
不管是大片还是柯达,历史上有很多顽固不愿改变而阻碍成功的例子 。
What means you change a long-held belief? Has that improved your way of thinking about yourself or others?
改变一个长期持有的信念意味着什么?改变改善了你看待自己或他人的方式吗?
5. You're considerate of how your words and actions affect others.
5. 考虑自己说的话和行为对别人的影响 。
Whether you're nervous or trying to keep a conversation flowing, it's easy to lose track of what you say.
不论是因为紧张还是想要让对话继续下去,你总是很容易忘词 。
Although it might be a tough habit to master,
虽然这可能是一个很难掌握的习惯,
considering what impact your words will have on someone before you say them can be crucial to what others perceive you as.
在你说出这些话之前,考虑一下你的话对别人的影响,这对别人对你的看法至关重要 。
How have you shown consideration to others in your words and actions taken?
你如何在言语和行为上表示你对别人的尊重?
6. You can forgive others and let go.
6. 你可以原谅他人并放手 。
Ever had a falling-out with someone that you felt bitter about for a long time after? It doesn't feel good. Does it?
吵架后,你长时间因此感到痛苦?这种感觉并不好,对吧?
Maturing is being able to put that grudge aside and move on.
成熟就是能够把怨恨放在一边,继续前进 。
Moving on maybe forgetting the past and maintaining a healthy relationship or even evaluating the incident
前进,或者是忘记过去以及维持一段健康的关系,甚至是评估这件事,
and being at peace that the two of you simply did not fit and you go separate ways.
平静地思考,或许你俩根本不适合,然后分道扬镳 。
Can you recall a time when you resolved a disagreement after holding a grudge against someone?
你能回忆起你对某人怀恨在心,之后解决分歧的情景吗?
7. You're empathetic to yourself and others.
7. 你对自己和他人都感同身受 。
The ability to put yourself in someone else's shoes means that you can position yourself in different situations as well as different perspectives.
换位思考意味着你能站在不同的情景和角度思考问题 。
It can also help you understand a variety of challenges and get along with people during difficult times.
也能帮助你理解各种挑战,在艰难时期与人相处 。
When was the last time you empathize with someone and what was it for?
你最后一次和别人感同身受是什么时候,是为了什么?
And 8. You ask for help when needed.
8. 有需要时,会开口寻求帮助 。
It's often believed that avoiding help is being independent, strong and mature, whereas the reality is the opposite.
人们通常认为,避免帮助意味着独立、坚强和成熟,但现实并非如此 。
Asking for help is admitting your own shortcomings, displaying humility, enjoying an awareness of self-care.
寻求帮助是承认自己的缺点、表现谦虚、享受自我关怀的意识 。
This also shows the person has the confidence to show vulnerability and knows they will still be ok, afterward.
这也表明你有展现自己的脆弱一面的信心,并且知道自己会没事的 。
What are some situations where you reached out for help?
什么情况下你会寻求帮助?
Do you see yourself in any of these points? How much or do you feel yourself to be?
你有以上这些迹象么?有多少相似?
Regardless of if you do or don't see any of these signs in yourself right now, thank you for watching and learning, we're all in this together.
不管你现在有没有出现以上迹象,感谢你们的收看和学习,我们都在一起 。
Let us know which sign you value the most and why in the comment section below. As always, thanks a lot!
请在下方评论告知你重视哪一个迹象以及原因 。一如既往,感谢收看、