(单词翻译:单击)
He had not known that Ambrode had a daughter, or Sigrin a wife...
他不知安布德还有个女儿,西格林的老婆?……
but he'd met the younger shipwright only once, and the older one he scarce remembered.
但他和年轻的造船师傅只有一面之缘,而对以前那位大师更是记忆模糊。
"You're wasted on Sigrin."
“你和西格林在一起真浪费。”
"Oho. Sigrin told me this sweet ship is wasted on you."
“噢,西格林告诉我,把这艘漂亮的船给你才浪费呢。”
Theon bristled. "Do you know who I am?"
席恩怒火中烧。“你知道我是谁?”
"Prince Theon of House Greyjoy. Who else? Tell me true, my lord, how well do you love her, this new maid of yours? Sigrin will want to know."
“葛雷乔伊家族的席恩王子,对不对?说实话,大人,你喜不喜欢她,这艘献给你的美少女?西格林很想知道。”
The longship was so new that she still smelled of pitch and resin.
这艘长船崭崭新新,散发着沥青和树脂的味道。
His uncle Aeron would bless her on the morrow, but Theon had ridden over from Pyke to get a look at her before she was launched.
明天,伊伦叔叔将在新船下水之际予她祝福,但席恩已等不及,便飞马从派克城赶过来预先观看。
She was not so large as Lord Balon's own Great Kraken or his uncle Victarion's Iron Victory,
她的大小比不上巴隆大王的泓洋巨怪号和维克塔利昂的无敌铁种号,
but she looked swift and sweet, even sitting in her wooden cradle on the strand;
但即便躺在岸边的木船坞,已能让人充分感受她的灵巧与敏捷:
lean black hull a hundred feet long, a single tall mast, fifty long oars, deck enough for a hundred men...
一百尺长的黑色流线形船壳,一根独立的大桅杆,五十条长桨,足够一百人站立的甲板……
and at the prow, the great iron ram in the shape of an arrowhead.
船首则是一座塑成箭头形状的钢铁巨锤。
"Sigrin did me good service," he admitted. "Is she as fast as she looks?"
“西格林取悦了我,”他承认,“她真的就跟看起来一样跑得快?”
"Faster—for a master that knows how to handle her."
“很快很快——只要驾御她的是懂行的人。”
"It has been a few years since I sailed a ship." And I've never captained one, if truth be told.
“我有几年没驾过船了。”事实上,从未当过船长。
"Still, I'm a Greyjoy, and an ironman. The sea is in my blood."
“不过,我是葛雷乔伊家的人,我是铁民,大海融入了我的血脉。”
"And your blood will be in the sea, if you sail the way you talk," she told him.
“如果你想好好开船,你的血脉应该融入大海,”她告诉他。