Touch and Go 情况不明
日期:2020-02-05 16:05

(单词翻译:单击)

 MP3点击下载

Welcome to English @ the Movies, where we teach you American English heard at the movies.
欢迎来到《看电影学英语》节目,我们在这里教授你在电影中听到的美式英语。
Our expression today is "touch and go", from the Netflix film "Holiday in the Wild".
我们今天的短语是touch and go,出自网飞电影《野外圣诞节》。
So you're vacationing in Zambia.
所以你是在赞比亚度假。
The movie tells about a woman who goes to Africa.
这部电影讲述的是一个前往非洲的女人的故事。
There, she helps rescue a baby elephant and she falls in love.
在那里,她帮助营救了一只小象,也坠入了爱河。
Listen for the words "touch and go".
留意听一下touch and go这个短语。
Poachers killed the mama for tusks.
为了象牙,偷猎者杀了象妈妈。
If we don't do something to help that baby, he'll be dead in two days.
如果我们不做点什么来帮助那个宝宝,他在两天内就会死去。
I want to help!
我想要帮助他!
I didn't see that one coming.
这我可没想到啊。
Is it going to be okay?
不会有什么事吧?
It'll be touch and go for a while, but we will do our best.
暂时还很难说,但我们会尽力的。

电影《野外圣诞节》

Do you know what "touch and go" means?
你知道touch and go这个短语的含义吗?
Is it: we do not think he will live or no one is sure what will happen? Listen again.
是我们认为他活不下去了,还是没人知道会发生什么?再听一遍。
Hi, Mom. How's safari?
嗨,妈妈。旅行怎么样?
Well, I took a little detour.
嗯,我绕了一下道。
Is it going to be okay?
不会有什么事吧?
It'll be touch and go for a while, but we will do our best.
暂时还很难说,但我们会尽力的。
Were you right? The answer is B.
你答对了吗?正确答案是B。
"Touch and go" means no one is sure what will happen. It might not end well.
Touch and go的意思是没人知道会发生什么。最终结局可能不太好。
This expression is often used to describe serious situations about people's health.
这个短语经常用于描述人们身体健康的严重情况。
It could go either way.
事情可能向两个方向发展。
In the film, they did not know whether the baby elephant would live or not.
在这部电影中,他们不知道这只小象是否能活下来。
And that is English @ the Movies. I'm Anne Ball.
以上就是今天的《看电影学英语》。我是安妮·鲍尔。

分享到