Death Row 死囚区
日期:2020-01-10 17:38

(单词翻译:单击)

 MP3点击下载

Welcome to English @ the Movies, where we teach you American English heard at the movies.
欢迎来到《看电影学英语》节目,我们在这里教授你在电影中听到的美式英语。
Our expression today is "death row", from the film "Just Mercy".
我们今天的短语是death row,出自电影《正义的慈悲》。
Based on a true story, this movie tells about a young man who accepts a job as a lawyer in the state of Alabama.
这部电影是根据真实故事改编,讲述了一个在阿拉巴马州接受一份律师工作的年轻人的故事。
Listen for the words "death row".
留意听一下death row这个短语。
The first time I visited death row,
我第一次去死囚区的时候,
I wasn't expecting to meet somebody the same age as me, from a neighborhood just like ours.
我没有料到会遇到和我年龄相仿的人,来自和我们一样的社区。
It could have been me, Mama.
妈妈,可能会的。
But what you're doing is going to make a lot of people upset.
听着,你这样做会让很多人不爽的。

Death Row 死囚区

Do you know what the term "death row" means?
你知道death row这个短语的含义了吗?
Is it: a prison area for people sentenced to death or a prison area for those appealing a jail sentence?
是:为被判处死刑的人准备的监狱区域,还是为被判处监禁的人准备的监狱区域?
Listen again. Did you have the correct answers?
再听一遍。你知道正确答案了吗?
The first time I visited death row, I wasn't expecting to meet somebody the same age as me.
我第一次去死囚区的时候,没有料到会遇到和我年龄相仿的人。
The answer is A.
答案是A。
"Death row" is a prison area for people sentenced to death.
death row是指为被判处死刑的人准备的监狱区域。
They were found guilty of crimes, like murder, that resulted in a death sentence.
他们因谋杀他人而被判有罪,最终将处以死刑。
In the movie, lawyer Bryan Stevenson believes the prisoner is innocent and works to free him.
在这部电影中,布莱恩·史蒂文森律师相信这个囚犯是无辜的,并且致力于救助他。
His group says they have won court rulings for over 130 death row prisoners.
他的团队表示,他们已经为超过130名死囚赢得了法庭裁决。
And that is English @ the Movies. I'm Anne Ball.
以上就是今天的《看电影学英语》。我是安妮·鲍尔。

分享到