(单词翻译:单击)
Welcome to English @ the Movies, where we teach you American English heard at the movies.
欢迎来到《看电影学英语》节目,我们在这里教授你在电影中听到的美式英语。
Our expression today is "reach for the stars", from Amazon studios film "The Aeronauts".
我们今天的短语是reach for the stars,出自亚马逊影业电影《热气球飞行家》。
Have you noticed, it's completely silent.
留意到这里一片寂静了吗?
This movie is based on a true story.
这部电影是根据一个真实故事改编的。
It tells about two people who fly in a hot air balloon, then fight to survive.
该片讲述了两个人乘坐热气球,为活下去而抗争的故事。
Listen for the words "reach for the stars".
留意听一下reach for the stars这个短语。
I need to make studies of the air.
我需要研究天空。
I'm not a coachman for hire.
我不是能雇佣的马车夫。
You are the only person who could fly us higher than anyone has ever been.
你是唯一一个能让我们飞得比任何人都高的人。
Don't you wish to be up there with them?
你难道不想和他们一起上去吗?
Some reach for the stars.
有些人有崇高的目标。
Some push others towards.
有些人则是推着其他人前进。

What do you think "reach for the stars" means?
你觉得reach for the stars是什么意思?
Is it: fly higher in the sky or set high goals?
是在天空中飞得更高,还是设立高目标?
Listen again, did you have the right answer?
再听一遍,你知道正确答案了吗?
Some reach for the stars.
有些人有崇高的目标。
Some push others towards.
有些人则是推着其他人前进。
The answer is B, set high goals.
答案是B,设立高目标。
In the movie, the man and woman set a goal of traveling higher than anyone else in a balloon.
在电影中,该男子和女子设定了一个目标:要乘热气球飞得比任何人都高。
"Reaching for the stars" is a good term to use when you want to motivate someone to do something difficult.
当你想激励某人去做困难的事情时,reaching for the stars是一个很好的表达。
Maybe it is just out of their reach, you are saying aim high.
也许这件事情超出了他们的能力所及,那你就会说要志存高远。
And that is English @ the Movies. I'm Anne Ball.
以上就是今天的《看电影学英语》。我是安妮·鲍尔。
