(单词翻译:单击)
The ultimate goal of growing roses is to make other people happy.
种植玫瑰的最终目的是给大家带来快乐 。
We believe we give them the best that we can.
我们给大家的都是我们最优质的玫瑰 。
I am responsible for 630,000 roses.
我负责照料的玫瑰有63万株 。
I love the roses.
我自己就很喜欢玫瑰 。
Lake Naivasha, Kenya could also be called rose heaven.
肯尼亚的奈瓦沙湖堪称玫瑰天堂 。
The climate and fresh water supply have allowed many to farm some of the world's most coveted flowers.
这里气候宜人,淡水充沛,为种植世界上最令人心仪的花卉提供了理想的条件 。
The growers here work extra hard to make sure that the roses that end up in bouquets all around the world look perfect.
为确保送往世界各地的玫瑰花束都能完美地呈现在大家面前,这里的种植者们格外努力 。
My name is Winnie Gathonie Njonge.
我叫温妮·加索尼·恩琼格 。
My main job here is to take care of the roses.
我主要的工作就是照料这些玫瑰 。
We harvest between 300,000 in a day to 450,000 depending on the weather.
我们一天的收成在30万枝到45万枝之间,具体要看天气 。
We have various colors.
我们有各种颜色的玫瑰花 。
We have pinks. We have whites, yellow, reds.
粉色的,白色的,黄色,红色的都有 。
A good rose is a perfect one which is free of any diseases or any pests and is of good length and good stem width.
一朵好的玫瑰应该是没有任何病害,花枝的长度和粗度都恰到好处的 。
We have some secrets to growing the roses well, but we can't share them.
怎么种植出好玫瑰我们是有秘诀的,但很抱歉,不能告诉大家 。
Whilst many would be surprised to learn that Kenya is a center for these flowers,
肯尼亚是这些品种的玫瑰花的核心产地之一,虽然很多人可能都会觉得很意外,
rose production has flourished in the region over the last few decades.
但过去的几十年里,该地区的玫瑰种植产业一直很繁荣 。
From planting to the time of harvest, it takes 12 weeks.
从播种到收获一共需要12周的时间 。
We harvest when the flower buds are showing the right color,
花朵颜色合适了我们就开始收割,
and then the length of the roses is also a determining factor and the shape of the rose.
此外,花枝的长度也是一个决定因素,还有花朵的形状 。
Winnie's perfect roses are then shipped to Europe, Japan, and the U.S. and many other worldwide destinations.
接着,温妮的玫瑰会被送往欧洲、日本、美国以及世界其他地方 。
And then Winnie heads back to work, to create more beautiful bouquets.
温妮则又要回去工作,种植出更多漂亮的玫瑰花束了 。
The love of roses gives you the desire to learn more.
对玫瑰的爱会给你继续学习的动力 。
We really appreciate and feel fulfilled to see other people happy at what we produced.
看到大家对我们的劳动成果感到满意,我们发自内心地感激,也很有成就感 。
It's like they embrace our daily job.
就感觉我们的日常工作得到了大家的认可 。