斑点带子案(MP3+中英字幕) 第38期:提前准备(2)
日期:2019-08-27 11:35

(单词翻译:单击)

"You speak of danger. You have evidently seen more in these rooms than was visible to me."
"你说到危险。显然,你在这些房间里看到的东西比我看到的要多得多。"
"No, but I fancy that I may have deduced a little more. I imagine that you saw all that I did."
"不,但是我认为,我可能稍微多推断出一些东西。我想你同我一样看到了所有的东西。"
"I saw nothing remarkable save the bell-rope, and what purpose that could answer I confess is more than I can imagine."
"除了那铃绳以外,我没有看到其它值得注意的东西。至于那东西有什么用途,我承认,那不是我所能想象得出来的。"
"You saw the ventilator, too?"
"你也看到那通气孔了吧?"

福尔摩斯探案集 斑点带子

"Yes, but I do not think that it is such a very unusual thing to have a small opening between two rooms.
"是的,但是我想在两个房间之间开个小洞,并不是什么异乎寻常的事。
It was so small that a rat could hardly pass through."
那洞口是那么窄小,连个耗子都很难钻过去。"
"I knew that we should find a ventilator before ever we came to Stoke Moran."
"在我们没来斯托克莫兰以前,我就知道,我们将会发现一个通气孔。"
"My dear Holmes!"
"哎呀,亲爱的福尔摩斯!"
"Oh, yes, I did. You remember in her statement she said that her sister could smell Dr. Roylott's cigar.
"哦,是的,我知道的。你记得当初她在叙述中提到她姐姐能闻到罗伊洛特医生的雪茄烟味。
Now, of course that suggested at once that there must be a communication between the two rooms.
那么,当然这立刻表明在两个房间当中必定有一个通道。
It could only be a small one, or it would have been remarked upon at the coroner's inquiry. I deduced a ventilator."
可是,它只可能是非常窄小的,不然在验尸官的询问中,就会被提到。因此,我推断是一个通气孔。"

分享到
重点单词
  • confessv. 承认,告白,忏悔
  • statementn. 声明,陈述
  • stokevi. 添加燃料 vt. 给(炉子)添燃料,烧(火) 大
  • unusualadj. 不平常的,异常的
  • remarkableadj. 显著的,异常的,非凡的,值得注意的
  • inquiryn. 打听,询问,调查,查问 =enquiry(英)
  • visibleadj. 可见的,看得见的 n. 可见物
  • communicationn. 沟通,交流,通讯,传达,通信