(单词翻译:单击)
There's nothing magical about convincing people to say yes.
说服别人同意并没有什么神奇的 。
The top psychologists know that we don't need to cast a spell
顶级心理学家知道,说服别人做我们想做的事,
or hypnotize people to persuade them to do what we want,
并不需要什么咒语或催眠,
all we need is a solid understanding of psychology.
所需的不过是对心理学的扎实理解 。
So what does science say about the arts of persuasion,
那么科学如何解释说服的艺术呢,
how can we use our knowledge of the human brain to get people to say yes?
我们又如何利用人脑知识让别人点头呢?
We've come up with seven tricks that might just work.
我们提出了7种可能奏效的小窍门 。
Know your audience. This should be your first step.
了解你的听众 。这应该是你的第一步 。
Before you even try to persuade someone, you need to understand who that person is on the inside.
在你试图说服别人前,你需要了解这个人的内心 。
You need to know what makes them tick.
你需要知道他们的动机 。
One study examined different advertising techniques used by big brands,
有一项调查大片广告技巧的研究,
they found that certain ads were more persuasive for different kinds of people.
该研究发现某类广告更能说服不同人群 。
For example, extroverts responded differently to certain ads
例如,外向的人对某些广告的反应不同
which appealed to their open-mindedness when compared to introverts.
和内向的人相比,这些广告吸引着他们的开放性 。
Changing your persuasion tactics based on the unique aspects of the person you're trying to persuade
根据个人的独特性改变你的说服策略
is called psychological targeting and it's extremely effective.
这被称为心理目标,这种方法相当有效 。
Do favors for people.
帮助别人 。
One of the best known persuasion techniques revolves around something called the reciprocity bias.
最著名的说服技巧之一就是所谓的互惠性偏见 。
This has been analyzed in many different studies. Basically what it boils down to is simple,
许多不同的研究都对此进行了分析 。归根结底很简单,
people are more likely to do favors for you if you've already done a favor for them in the past.
人们更可能帮助那些以前给予过他们帮助的人 。
If you want to persuade someone to do something, then you might want to help them out before you ask.
如果你想说服别人做些什么事,那么你可能想在开口之前帮助他们 。
The best part about this is you don't need to actually explain what you're doing,
这种方法最棒的地方在于你不需要解释你在做什么,
there's no need to approach the person and slyly state: 'You scratch my back, I'll scratch yours'.
你没有必要跟他解释:‘你帮过我,我也会帮你’ 。
Reciprocity bias influences a person on a subconscious level without them even realizing it.
互惠性偏见会影响一个人的潜意识水平,而他们甚至没有意识到 。
Tell them everyone else is doing it.
告诉他们其他人都在这么做 。
It's amazing how people will do just anything if it's seen as trendy.
让人惊讶的是,如果这是一种潮流,那么大家都愿意这么做 。
This is called social proof and it's a well-documented phenomenon in psychology today.
这被称为社会证明,在如今的心理学中,这是一个有充分证据的现象 。
Fortunately for you, it's also a great tool to use in the art of persuasion.
幸运的是,对于你来说,这也是一个用来说服别人的好工具 。
If you're having trouble getting someone to say yes,
如果你无法让别人点头同意,
then you might consider pointing out all the other people who have made the plunge.
那么你可以考虑指出其他所有已经投身其中的人 。
If enough people are doing it, people are much more likely to say yes.
如果有足够多的人在做这件事,人们更有可能同意 。
Make it sound like a rare opportunity.
将其描述成一个次难得的机会 。
You've probably heard plenty of ads which rely on this persuasion technique,
你可能听过很多依靠这种说服技巧的广告,
how many times have we heard a salesman tell us to act quickly and that soon all the products will be gone.
有多少次,我们都会听到推销员说,要赶快行动,产品很快便会销售一空 。
This technique revolves around something called the scarcity principle,
这种技巧被称为稀缺原则,
which is another well-documented psychological phenomenon.
也是一个证据充分的心理学现象 。
People are much more likely to act if they feel like whatever they have to gain is in short supply
如果人们觉得他们需要的东西供不应求的话,他们就更有可能采取行动
whatever is rare is automatically seen as valuable in the human brain for the most part.
在大多数情况下,任何稀有的东西都会自动被人脑视为有价值的东西 。
So if you're trying to convince someone to say yes, why not use that to your advantage,
所以如果你想说服别人同意,为什么不利用这一点,
tell them how rare of an opportunity it is and how they might miss out if they don't act.
告诉他们这个机会多么难得,如果错过,他们会有多么后悔 。
Give it time.
给点时间 。
Sometimes patience is the best tactic, this is definitely true when it comes to persuasion.
有时候耐心是最好的策略,对说服别人而言,这绝对是真的 。
Why? It all has to do with something called a sleeper effect.
为什么?这一切都与事后效应有关 。
Basically this refers to the fact that people are more easily persuaded
事实是,随着时间的推移,
by a non credible source, the more time goes by.
人们更容易被一个不可信的来源说服 。
Even though someone might dismiss your persuasion techniques at first, they might soften up over time.
尽管一开始有人可能会对你的说服技巧不屑一顾,但随着时间的推移,他们可能会变得温和 。
Keep on repeating your arguments and the sleeper effect might make it easier for you to persuade them.
不断重复你的论点,事后效应可能会让你更容易说服他们 。
Make it emotional.
带点情绪 。
When it comes to the art of persuasion, this is huge.
说服的艺术博大精深 。
The simple fact is that emotions will carry more weight in an argument than actual facts.
一个简单的事实是,情绪在辩论中比实际情况更有分量 。
While this might not be the most logical behavior, it's just how the human brain works.
虽然这不是最合理的行为,但人脑就是这样 。
Studies have shown that arguments are more effective when they rely on emotional undertones.
研究表明,当争论依赖于情感暗示时,效果会更好 。
Not only that but they're even more effective when the arguments are crafted to match the targets current emotional state.
不仅如此,当这些论点与目标当前的情绪状态相匹配时,它们甚至更有效 。
For example, playing off someone's excitement is a great way to persuade them into doing what you want.
例如,利用别人的兴奋点是说服他们做你想做的事情的好方法 。
Always keep a sense of humor.
保持幽默感 。
If you really want to persuade people, then you should definitely maintain a great sense of humor.
如果你真的想说服对方,那么你绝对应该保持很好的幽默感 。
One study even found that self-effacing humor was very effective in persuasion.
一项研究甚至发现谦逊的幽默在说服别人方面非常有效 。
For those who don't know, self-effacing is basically being timid or shy.
扫个盲,谦虚主要指胆小或害羞 。
When persuading people, it's easy to seem a little confrontational
在说服别人时,很容易看起来有些咄咄逼人
but if you don't take yourself too seriously when trying to persuade others,
但如果你别太把自己当回事儿,
it can definitely work to your advantage. You might even consider making fun of yourself.
肯定对你有好处 。你甚至可以考虑拿自己开涮 。
Lastly, we want to say thank you to everyone for watching and supporting our videos.
最后,我们想感谢每一位观看和支持我们节目的观众 。
If it wasn't for you guys, we would not be where we are.
如果没有你们,我们就不会做出这些视频 。
We hope to inspire other people to use our content for good and not evil, yours truly.
我们希望能激励他人将我们的内容用于善而非恶 。
Also as a special thanks we want to give away a free copy of our Psych2Go digital magazine, the details are in our video box.
作为特别感谢,我们想免费赠送我们的栏目的数字杂志,详情查看我们的视频框 。