一个重新定义老年关怀的痴呆疗养院
日期:2019-06-14 16:35

(单词翻译:单击)

 MP3点击下载

This is the Hogeweyk. It's a neighborhood in a small town very near Amsterdam, in the Netherlands.
这是Hogeweyk。它是位于荷兰阿姆斯特丹旁边的一个小镇的一个社区。
There are 27 houses for six, seven people each.
这儿有27所住户,每家有6、7个人。
There's a small mall with a restaurant, a pub, a supermarket, a club room.
这儿有一个小商场,里面有一个餐厅,一个酒吧,一个超市和一个娱乐室。
There are streets, alleys, there's a theater. It actually is a nursing home.
这儿有街道和小巷,还有一个剧场。它其实是一个疗养院。
A nursing home for people that live with an advanced dementia and that need 24-7 care and support.
为那些患有重度痴呆的人提供24小时的护理和关怀。
Dementia is a terrible disease, and we still don't have any cure for it.
痴呆是一个很可怕的疾病,而且我们目前仍然没法治愈它。
It's getting to be a major problem in the world, for the people, for the politicians, for the world, it's getting to be a big problem.
它正在成为一个全世界的重大问题,给人民,政治家,还有全世界都带来了很大的问题。
We see that we have waiting lists in the nursing homes.
我们看到疗养院还有等候名单。
Most people that come to the nursing homes with dementia are women.
大部分来疗养院的痴呆患者都是女性。
And that's also because women are used to taking care of people,
这也是因为女性很习惯于照顾别人,
so they can manage to take care of their husband with dementia,
如果她们的丈夫患了痴呆,她们就可以照顾他们,
but the other way around is not so easy for the gentlemen.
但反过来对丈夫们就没有那么简单。
Dementia is a disease that affects the brain. The brain is confused.
痴呆是一种影响大脑的疾病。患者的大脑变得十分混乱。
People don't know anymore what the time is, what's going on, who people are. They're very confused.
他们不知道几点了,发生了什么事,也不认识人。他们变得非常糊涂。
And because of that confusion, they get to be anxious, depressed, aggressive.
他们还因此变得焦虑,抑郁和易怒。
This is a traditional nursing home. I worked there in 1992. I was a care manager.
这是一个传统的疗养院,我1992年的时候在那里工作。我负责照料患者。
And we often spoke together about the fact that what we were doing there was not what we wanted for our parents, for our friends, for ourselves.
我们经常会讨论,如果我们的父母、朋友、甚至是自己生病了,我们不会想让他们来这里。
And one day, we said, "When we keep on saying this, nothing is going to change.
有一天,我们意识到,我们只是一直这么说是没用的。
We are in charge here. We should do something about this, so that we do want to have our parents here."
在这里我们做主,我们应该做点什么,让这里变成一个我们放心自己父母来的地方。
We talked about that, and what we saw every day was that the people that lived in our nursing home were confused about their environment,
我们每天看到的是住在这里的患者对周边的环境感到迷茫,
because what they saw was a hospital-like environment, with doctors and nurses and paramedics in uniform, and they lived on a ward.
因为他们看到的是像医院一样的环境,有医生、护士、穿着制服的护理人员,而且他们住在病房里。
And they didn't understand why they lived there. And they looked for the place to get away.
他们不明白为什么他们住在这里,他们想尽快离开。
They looked and hoped to find the door to go home again.
想要找到那个通往家的门。
And we said what we are doing in this situation is offering these people that already have a confused brain some more confusion.
我们发现,在这种情况下,我们让这些本来就糊涂的人,变得更糊涂了。
We were adding confusion to confusion. And that was not what these people needed.
我们在混乱之上增添混乱,这反而是在帮倒忙。
These people wanted to have a life, and the help, our help, to deal with that dementia.
这些人想要有一个生活,还需要我们帮助他们来面对痴呆。
These people wanted to live in a normal house, not in a ward.
他们想生活在一个正常的房子里,不是病房里。
They wanted to have a normal household, where they would smell their dinner on the stove in the kitchen.
他们想要一个正常的家,想闻到厨房里炉子上飘出的晚饭的香气。
Or be free to go to the kitchen and grab something to eat or drink.
或是能自己走到厨房里,拿点什么吃的喝的。
That's what these people needed. And that's what we should organize for them.
这是他们所需要的,也是我们应该给他们提供的。
And we said we should organize this like at home, so they wouldn't live with a group of 15 or 20 or 30, like in a ward.
我们觉得,为了营造家的氛围,不能让他们十几个或者几十个人住在一起,像在病房一样。
No, a small group of people, six or seven, family-like. Like living with friends.
他们以6-7个人为团体,住在一起,像家一样。就好像和朋友住在一起。
And we should find a way to select people based on their ideas about life
我们应该想办法筛选出生活兴趣相同的人,
so that they did have a good chance to become friends, when they lived together.
这样他们住在一起的时候能变成好朋友。
And we interviewed all the families of the residents about "what is important for your father,"
我们也采访了所有患者的家人,问他们“你的爸爸重视什么?”,
"what's important for your mother," "what is their life like," "what do they want."
“你的妈妈重视什么?”,“他们的生活是什么样的?”,“他们想要什么?”
And we found seven groups, and we call them lifestyle groups.
然后我们成立了7个小组,叫做“生活方式小组”。
And for instance, we found this formal lifestyle.
比如,有一个小组的生活方式很正式。
In this lifestyle, people have a more formal way of interacting with each other, a distant way.
在这种生活方式下,大家互相交往的方式都很正式,保持适当的距离。
Their daily rhythm starts later in the day, ends later in the day.
他们每天的生活开始得较晚,结束得也较晚。
Classical music is more heard in this lifestyle group than in other lifestyle groups.
这个小组的人比别的小组更喜欢听经典音乐。
And their menu, well, is more French cuisine than traditional Dutch.
他们更喜欢法国美食,而不是传统的荷兰美食。
In contrary to the craftsman lifestyle.
另外一种“手艺人”的生活方式则很不同。
That's a very traditional lifestyle, and they get up early in the morning, go to bed early,
这是一个很传统的生活方式,他们很早起床,很早睡觉,
because they have worked hard their whole life, mostly with their hands,
因为他们一生都在努力工作,通常是用他们的双手为生,
very often had a very small family business, a small farm, a shop, or like Mr. B, he was a farmhand.
他们通常有一个很小的家庭生意,一个小农场,一个小商店。比如B先生,他曾是个农场工人。
And he told me that he would go to his work every morning with a paper bag with his lunch and one cigar.
他告诉我,他每天早上去工作,包里装着午饭,还有一支雪茄。
That one cigar was the only luxury he could afford for himself.
那一支雪茄就是他能负担得起的唯一的奢侈品。
And after lunch, he would have that one cigar.
吃完午饭,他就抽那支雪茄。

一个重新定义老年关怀的痴呆疗养院

And until the day he died in the Hogeweyk, he was in this little shed, every day, after lunch, to smoke his cigar.
一直到他在Hogeweyk去世的那一天,他每天午饭后都在这个小棚子里抽雪茄。
This is my mother. She's of the cultural lifestyle, she's been living in the Hogeweyk six weeks now.
这是我的母亲。她喜欢文艺的生活方式,她住在Hogeweyk六周了。
And that lifestyle is about traveling, meeting other people, other cultures, interest in arts and music.
这种生活方式包括旅行,结识不同的人和不同的文化,探索艺术和音乐。
There are more lifestyles. But that's what we talked about, and that's what we did.
还有更多别的生活方式。这是我们设想的,也是我们最终做到的。
But that's not life in a house with a group of people, like-minded people, your own life, your own household.
但是这并不是生活的全部--在自己的房子里,和一群志同道合的人在一起,过自己的生活。
There's more in life, everybody wants fun in life and a meaningful life.
生活中还有别的,每个人都要想要有乐趣的生活和有意义的生活,
We are social animals -- we need a social life. And that's what we started.
我们都是社会动物,我们需要社交生活。而这就是我们所做的。
We want to go out of our house and do some shopping, and meet other people.
人们都想出门去,去购物,认识不同的人。
Or go to the pub, have a beer with friends.
或者去酒吧,和朋友一起喝酒。
Or like Mr. W -- he likes to go out every day, see if there are nice ladies around.
或者像W先生那样--他喜欢每天出门,看看周围有没有漂亮的姑娘。
And he's very courteous to them, and he hopes for smiles and he gets them.
他对她们非常礼貌,他想得到微笑,于是他得到了。
And he dances with them in the pub. It's a feast every day.
他每天都在酒吧里和她们跳舞,每天都是一场盛宴。
There are people that would rather go to the restaurant,
还有的人更愿意和朋友去饭店,
have a wine with friends, or lunch or dinner with friends and celebrate life.
喝点红酒,或者和朋友共进午餐或晚餐,庆贺人生。
And my mother, she takes a walk in the park, and sits on a bench in the sun,
我母亲喜欢在公园里走走,坐在长椅上晒晒太阳,
hoping that a passerby will come and sit next to her and have a conversation about life or about the ducks in the pond.
希望一个路人会过来坐在她身旁,和她讨论人生,或者讨论池塘里的鸭子。
That social life is important. It means that you're part of society, that you belong.
社交生活是很重要的,它意味着你是社会的一份子。
And that's what we people need. Even if you're living with advanced dementia.
人们需要这种归属感。即使患有严重痴呆的人也需要。
This is what I see from my office window.
这是从我的办公室窗户看出去的景色。
And one day, I saw a lady coming from one side, and the other lady from the other side, and they met at the corner.
有一天,我看到一位女士从一边走过来,另一位女士从另一边走过来,她们在拐角处碰到了。
And I knew both ladies very well. I often saw them walking around outside.
我跟她们两个都很熟,经常看到她们在外面散步。
And now and then, I tried to have a conversation with them, but their conversation was ... rather hard to understand.
我会时不时地和她们对话,但是她们的对话...很难理解。
But I saw them meeting, and I saw them talking, and I saw them gesturing.
但我看到她们碰面、交谈,我看到她们做手势。
And they had fun together. And then they said goodbye, and each went their own way.
她们在一起很开心,然后她们互相道别,继续各自行路了。
And that's what you want in life, meeting other people and being part of society. And that's what I saw happening.
这就是你在生活中想要的,结识不同的人,融入社会。这也是我看到正在发生的。
The Hogeweyk has become a place where people with very advanced dementia can live, have freedom and safety,
Hogeweyk已经变成了一个能让患有严重痴呆的人居住,并且感到自由和安全的地方,
because the professionals working there and the volunteers working there know how to deal with dementia.
因为这里的专业人员和志愿者知道如何应对痴呆。
And the professionals know how to do their professional work in a way that it fits in a natural way in the life of our residents.
这里的专业人员知道如何既完成他们的工作,又不影响患者的正常生活。
And that means that the management has to provide everything those people need to do their work.
这意味着管理层需要为他们提供他们工作中需要的一切。
It needs a management that dares to do this.
这需要一个敢于付诸行动的管理层。
To do things differently than we always have done in a traditional nursing home.
敢于在一个传统的疗养院里,用不同寻常的方法做事。
We see that it works. We think this can be done everywhere, because this is not for the rich.
我们看到了它是有效的。我们认为这在任何地方都能实现,因为这不是只有富人才能享受的。
We've been doing this with the same budget as any traditional nursing home has in our country.
我们的预算和我们国家每一个传统疗养院都一样。
We work only with the state budget.
我们只有州政府的财政预算。
Because it has to do with thinking different,
这需要的是改变思路,
and looking at the person in front of you and looking at what does this person need now.
看看你面前的人,想想这个人现在需要什么。
And it's about a smile, it's about thinking different, it's about how you act, and that costs nothing.
这需要的是一个微笑,需要的是换一个方式思考,需要的是做出行动,而这些都不需要花钱。
And there's something else: it's about making choices.
还有一点,关乎如何做选择。
It's about making choices what you spend your money on.
选择把钱花在什么地方。
I always say, "Red curtains are as expensive as gray ones."
我经常说,“红窗帘和灰色窗帘一样贵。”
It's possible, everywhere. Thank you.
在任何地方,我们都能做到。谢谢!

分享到
重点单词
  • stoven. 炉子,火炉窑;烘房;【主英】温室
  • celebratev. 庆祝,庆贺,颂扬
  • kitchenn. 厨房,(全套)炊具,灶间
  • depressedadj. 沮丧的,降低的,不景气的,萧条的,凹陷的,扁平
  • spokev. 说,说话,演说
  • organizev. 组织
  • socialadj. 社会的,社交的 n. 社交聚会
  • wardn. 守卫,监护,受监护人,病房,行政区 vt. 守护,
  • confusedadj. 困惑的;混乱的;糊涂的 v. 困惑(confu
  • understandvt. 理解,懂,听说,获悉,将 ... 理解为,认为