(单词翻译:单击)
The surgeon is real.
手术的大夫是真实的 。
The tools are real.
工具是真实的 。
The surgery is real.
手术也是真实的 。
The patient is artificial.
但病人是假的 。
I took what I learned from special effects, and now I apply it to helping kids here at the hospital.
我从特效中学到了很多东西,现在我正在用我学到的这些东西帮助医院里的孩子们 。
My name is Gregory Loan,
我叫格雷戈里·洛安,
and I'm a senior simulation engineer at Boston Children's Hospital.
是波士顿儿童医院的高级模拟工程师 。
I make artificial patients to allow real doctors to practice procedures to improve health outcomes for kids.
我的工作就是制作患者模型给真正的医生练手,以改善儿童的健康状况 。
I do not think that I could do this work without having had the experiences that I had in special effects.
我觉得,如果没有特效方面的经验,我是绝对做不了这份工作的 。
While I was working in special effects,
做特效那会儿,
I got the opportunity to build dinosaurs for the Jurassic Park theme parks
我有过为《侏罗纪公园》的主题公园打造恐龙的机会,
and magical creatures for Harry Potter and all kinds of wonderful things to bring that experience to life for people.
为《哈利·波特》主题公园打造《哈利波特》里的那些神奇生物以及打造各种各样奇妙事物让大家能够身临其境地感受那些作品的机会 。
I ultimately left special effects to go focus in on robotics, which is my other passion in life.
后来我转行做机器人了,因为机器人是我人生的另一个爱好 。
The best part is now I combine special effects, robotics, and engineering, and medicine into a package that helps people.
最棒的地方是现在我能把特效、机器人、工程学和医学糅合在一起,化为能够帮助大家的一套东西 。
I make simulation models.
我制作仿真模型 。
Some of them are really low tech, like an arm that you can inject or practice line placement,
有没什么技术含量的模型,比如可以用来注射或练习缝线的手臂,
all the way up to and including gunshot wound patients and advanced surgical techniques, like cleft lip repair.
也有练习诊治枪伤患者和唇裂修复等先进手术技术的模型 。
At the end of the day, I know that my contribution helps kids
我知道我的贡献能帮助到孩子们,
because the creations that we make here go towards saving children's lives.
因为我们所做的创造就是为了拯救孩子们的生命的 。
And it looks like we're about done.
应该差不多了 。