(单词翻译:单击)
Welcome to London, a city steeped in history and known for its iconic landmarks.
欢迎来到伦敦,这座历史悠久、以地标性建筑闻名的城市 。
British cuisine might not be world renowned,
英国菜或许算不上什么世界名菜,
but the city is full of great food that extends way beyond its classic fish and chips.
但伦敦这座城市拥有无数远远超出英国经典的炸鱼薯条的美食 。
First up, an American classic with an Indian twist. A Londoner's favorite.
首先登场的是一种带点儿印度特色的美式经典小吃 。也是伦敦人的最爱 。
Originally, I came up with this idea when I was only about 14 years old.
我14岁的时候就想到了这个主意 。
I used to make them for my friends' barbcues.
过去我经常在朋友的烧烤派对上给他们做 。
Culturally, it's a mishmash. You can only find this in London.
从文化上讲,这个小吃是一个大杂烩 。但你只能在伦敦找到这个 。
My name's Alec. I'm fron Baba G's, and we are in the wonderful Camden Market.
我是亚历克,我们的店叫Baba G,在超赞的卡姆登市场 。
Sun's beating down--it's a wonderful day.
太阳快下山了——美好的一天 。
The Naga Delhi double burger is made with two fresh, spiced lamb patties,
纳加德里双层汉堡是用两块新鲜的五香羊肉馅饼做成的,
served on a brioche--naan-style bun.
配上印式布里欧修 。
Between the two lamb patties is a crispy onion bhaji.
两个羊肉馅饼之间放的是一个脆洋葱巴吉 。
On top of that we put our spiced, Naga Delhi double sauce;
再在上面挤一层纳加德里双层汉堡辣酱;
it's made with a Naga chili pickle--give that really authentic Indian taste.
这种酱是用纳加泡椒做的——能带来地道的印度风味 。
You'lll get sharp, sweet, spicy and then that lovely, juicy lamb on top.
你会尝到浓浓的甜辣味,再在上面放一块漂亮多汁的羊肉饼 。
It's a big old burger; You've got to be hungry.
这个汉堡很大;一定得非常饿才能吃完 。
You have to try one, mate--after this.
你一定得尝尝,拍完视频之后 。
Next up, head to the windy streets of Soho
接下来,我们前往苏活区多风的街道,
and check out this small hole in the wall serving up a traditional Chinese breakfast dish.
去打卡这家小小的,卖传统中式早餐的摊位 。
I'm proud to have brought an evolved version of jian bing to London.
能把改良版的煎饼带到伦敦我觉得很自豪 。
My name is Z He, and I am a co-founder of Pleasant Lady.
我是何Z,是“悦女士”的联合创始人之一 。
We are located in Soho on Bridge St.
我们的店在苏豪区的桥街 。
Pleasant Lady specializes in jian bing.
我们店的招牌是煎饼 。
Some people call it a Chinese burrito.
有人也称之为“中式墨西哥卷饼” 。
It's like a savory Chinese crepe.
也有点像美味的中式可丽饼 。
After we spread the batter on the hot plate,
我们先把面糊倒在热锅上,
we then crack an egg on top, spread it out, flip it,
然后打一个鸡蛋,摊开,翻面,
brush a housemade, sweet, fermented bean sauce, chili oil,
刷上自制的甜面酱,辣椒油,
a herb salad; after that, it's your choice of meat,
撒上蔬菜沙拉;之后放顾客喜欢的肉,
our house pickle and then your Chinese cracker; and then, roll it up,
和自制的咸菜,然后放薄脆; 最后把它卷起来,
and then you've got all your springiness, the chewiness, the freshness and the crispiness.
爽口弹牙,新鲜香脆的煎饼就做好啦 。
I think that it's everybody's food.
我觉得煎饼是能俘获所有人的胃的美食 。