(单词翻译:单击)
When I went through the surgery for Moyamoya, I didn't tell anyone.
做烟雾病手术的时候,我没有告诉任何人 。
It was a very difficult time for me.
那段日子对我来说真的很难熬 。
I had to write down what would happen to all my things if I were to die.
我还得写好遗嘱,安排好要是我死了,我所有的东西都怎么处理 。
I think when you're faced with your own mortality,
我觉得,跟死亡做斗争的时候,
you wanna make sure that you lived your life how you wanted to live it.
你就会想按照你自己的意愿而活 。
I just wanna keep making the most amazing music and showing people that if I can do it, anyone can do it.
而我想做的,就是继续创造最好的音乐,告诉大家如果我能做到,那就没有人做不到 。
My name is Jennifer Lee, but I'm better known as TOKiMONSTA.
我是詹妮弗·李,但大家都叫我“ TOKiMONSTA” 。
I am a music producer and live performer DJ, and all the songs are composed by me.
我是一名音乐制作人,也是一名DJ,所有的歌曲都是我自己创作的 。
Electronic music is the music producer's world.
电子音乐就是音乐制作人的全世界 。
It is what you can do to push the envelope.
就是你挑战极限的方式 。
My music is electronic.
虽然我做的是电子音乐 。
But it has many organic sounds, like a piano, or a violin.
但我采用了很多有机的声音,比如钢琴或小提琴的声音 。
Going a step further beyond, that is creating instruments out of non-instruments.
再进一步,就是以非乐器的东西为乐器 。
So something that I like to do is use field recordings.
我喜欢的做法就是实地录音 。
I take a little recorder around with me and record different kinds of sounds that I like.
我会随身带一个小小的录音机,录下我喜欢的各种声音 。
I can use little bits of that to create new sounds.
我可以用录到的一些片段创造出新的声音 。
They do have a really interesting tonality that is not common in music.
那些声音会有一种非常有趣的,普通音乐中不太常见的调性 。
This is my song, "Rose's Thorn."
这是《玫瑰刺》,
It is a track off my most recent album, Lune Rouge.
是我的新专辑《新月胭脂》中的一首曲子 。
With this track, I did use a lot of field recordings.
这首歌我就用了很多实地录音 。
For the drum sounds, I decided to use a truck door.
鼓声的部分,我用的是卡车门的声音 。
Rocks hitting each other.
石头互相碰撞的声音 。
And a regular snare drum.
还有普通的军鼓的声音 。
I layered them all on top of each other.
我把它们都叠在了一起 。
Together, we have--
出来的效果就是这样—
And the great thing is when you do stuff like that, no one else will have that sound.
最赞的是,你用这种方法做出来的音乐是独一无二的 。
No one else will have a snare-truck-door-rock sound in their song.
没有人会在他们的歌曲中用到军鼓-卡车门-石头的声音 。
They're unusual sounds, things that are not considered music.
它们并不是寻常的声音,也不是会被当作音乐的声音 。
I recorded this wonderful beach sound.
我还录下了这断美妙的海滩的声音 。
That like weird, bird chirping.
还有这段奇怪的鸟鸣声 。
There is something to me about creating an environment in a song,
对我来说,在歌曲里营造一个环境是很重要的,
it takes you somewhere else,
它会将你带到别的地方,
beyond just the song and the melodies,
你创造的不仅仅是歌曲和旋律,
you're actually removing someone from their environment and putting them by the sea, putting them in nature.
你也是在将听众带离他们的环境,让他们置身于海边,置身于大自然之中 。