(单词翻译:单击)
Welcome to English in a Minute!
欢迎来到《一分钟英语》栏目
Children are sometimes afraid of the dark.
孩子们有时候比较害怕黑暗
But what do you think this expression might mean?
但你觉得这个表达可能是什么意思?
What was all that shouting about earlier?
刚才大吵大叫什么情况?
Kim and Craig broke up, but they still have to work together.
Kim跟Craig分手了 但他们还得在一起工作
Problems! Wait, Kim and Craig were dating?
问题一大堆!等等 Kim跟Craig 之前在一起?
How can you be so in the dark with this one?
这你怎么会不知道呢?
They were always holding hands, and making kissy faces...
他们经常手拉手 还做亲亲的表情
Forget I asked!
当我没问!
When you are "in the dark", you are not informed about a situation.
如果你"in the dark" 表明你不知道某种情况
You don't have all the facts, or maybe you don't want all the facts, like Jonathan in our example.
你没有掌握所有事实 或者你不想知道所有事实 就像例子中的乔纳森一样
But you can also be kept in the dark on purpose--by a friend, company or government.
但你也有可能是被朋友 公司或政府故意蒙在鼓里
And that’s English in a Minute.
以上就是今天的《一分钟英语》栏目