(单词翻译:单击)
中英文本
Something incredible had happened.
不可思议的事情发生了 。
I might have caused it, but it had not come from me.
可能是我造成的,但不是来源于我 。
I had inadvertently tapped into something visceral and wild:
我无意中发现了一些发自内心和狂野的东西:
the teacher's face, the shouts of fear, astonishment—and joy.
老师的表情,恐惧、惊讶和欢乐的呼喊 。
The joy was the hardest to explain.
这种喜悦难以言喻 。
Surprise comes easy, but joy never does.
惊喜来得容易,快乐却不易 。
I was an alchemist who had somehow—unknowingly, unintentionally—discovered how to turn lead into gold.
我是一个炼金术士,不知不觉无意中发现了把铅变成金子的方法 。
Even a nine-yearold knows this is impossible.
甚至一个九岁的孩子都知道这是不可能的 。
You could only do that with real magic.
只有真正的魔法才能实现 。
The gulf between wanting to become a great magician and actually doing it is enormous, however,
然而,想要成为一名伟大的魔术师与现实还是有着巨大的差距,
and the career of a young magician is marked as much by humiliation and public failure as it is by the occasional success.
公演失败蒙羞和偶然成功对于年轻魔术师的职业生涯都同样重要
In high school, I staged a show in the auditorium and my entire world came out to watch— 600 friends, family members, girls from school, everyone I wanted to defy or impress.
高中时,我在礼堂里举办了一场表演,我所认识的人——600名朋友、家人、学校里的女生,所有我想挑战或打动的人都来观看 。
They all looked on in horror, fascination, and pity as I twirled about the stage, frantically trying to remember every bit of choreography from every David Copperfield special I had ever seen.
当我在舞台上转动,疯狂地想要记住我看到的大卫·科波菲尔的每一个特别的动作时,他们都流露出惊恐、着迷和同情的表情 。
The audience sat mute, aghast, enduring the spectacle and waiting for the catastrophe to end.
观众们坐在那里哑口无言,忍受着我的表演,等待着灾难的结束 。
A few years later, I staged a Harry Houdini–style underwater escape in the river that flowed through the middle of the campus of the University of Iowa, where I went to school.
几年后,我在流经我上学的地方——爱荷华大学校园中央的河中上演了一场哈利·霍迪尼式水下逃生 。
重点讲解
1.flowed through 流过
The average message size was relatively small, but a number of large presentations (with an average size close to 10 MB) flowed through the environment.
消息的平均大小相对较小,但是有许多大的图像(平均大小接近 10M)通过环境 。
2.wanted to 想要
He wanted to scab me, but I refused.
他想雇我破坏罢工,被我拒绝了 。
3.turn into 变成;进入
So Hirose devised an ingenious convertible leg that can turn into a wheel when necessary, and then propel itself with a movement inspired by rollerskating.
因此,广濑茂男设计了一种可转换的机械腿,它能在必要的时候变成轮式,依靠滑轮运动推动机器人前进 。
4.waiting for 等待
I’ve been waiting for this game for almost twelve years.
为了这款游戏,我已经等待了将近两年时间 。
译文由可可原创,仅供学习交流使用,未经许可请勿转载 。