(单词翻译:单击)
Let's talk about Network on Broadway. This is the...
来谈谈百老汇的网,这个是...
I know this from the movie, where the famous line, I'm mad as hell and I'm not gonna take it anymore. Is that the line?
我知道它来自电影,里面有句经典的台词,说我发疯了,我再也承受不住了,是这个吗?
Yeah. That's the line. I scream it every night. You do. Yeah.
没错,就是这个,我每晚都会尖叫,真的吗,真的 。
Explain what Network is, if anyone doesn't know. Well, Network was written by Paddy Chayefsky about 43 years ago,
向大家解释一下什么是《网》,《网》是43年前派帝·查耶夫斯基的作品,
and it was basically a satire on the news business,The television news business.
其实就是在讽刺新闻界,电视新闻媒体 。
And this man, Howard Beale, kind of goes crazy. He loses his mind a little bit...
然后书中的霍华德·比尔有点疯狂,他有点精神失常,
At least that's what you think, or did he have an epiphany?
至少你认为是这样,或者他是否会顿悟?
And he comes in and he says people don't read anymore. You're addicted to your televisions,
然后他说人们不再阅读了,你沉迷于电视,
that he would call the tube. It was very prescient
他把电视叫做“tube”,真的是很有预知能力,
because now everybody is equally addicted, if not more, to our televisions that are in the palm of our hands.
因为如今人们真的是沉迷在电视,掌上电视中 。
And he's railing about what's real and what's fake. Fake news.
然后他抱怨什么是真和假,假新闻 。
It's a beautiful play, Funny, engaging, a little frightening. And it's a little dangerous.
非常好的剧,非常吸引人,有点恐怖,有点危险 。
But we also want to talk about The Upside, yeah, which was fantastic. I love Kevin Hart.
我们还想说一下《上行》,没错,很棒,我喜欢凯文·哈特 。
Yeah, right, obviously he's been on the show so many times. You two together...
没错,他来节目很多次了,你们在一起...
I've seen, The movie this is based on, yes, is based on a real person's story.
这个电影是根据,是根据真人故事改编的 。
Yes, it's based on a true story about a man who had an unfortunate accident hang gliding
没错 。他是根据一名男子的故事改编的,他在一次悬挂式滑翔伞上出了事故,
and became a quadriplegic. And he was fortunate enough to have the means to have caretakers.
四肢瘫痪,但他很幸运,他有钱请看护人 。
And one time along his journey, he met this man named Abdel who was in the wrong place at the wrong time.
一次在他的旅途中,他遇到了一名叫阿卜杜勒的人,他在错误的时间出现在了错误的地点 。
And he said, I need a job, and he was so honest and so true to my character, the real man,
他说我需要工作,他的性格让我们感动很真诚,然后这个人,真实存在的人,
that he hired him. And he's completely unqualified for it, but...and Kevin plays that guy. Yeah.
雇佣了他,他完全不够资格,但是,凯文就是那个男孩 。没错 。
And they form a bond that 40 years later is still strong. They are still friends to this day.
40年后他们之间的感情一直很好,他们如今还是朋友 。
Oh, isn't that amazing? See each other and talk to each other all the time.
很棒不是吗?能永远看到对方,和对方交谈 。
It leaves us with something that I think is really important now, we could use, and that's hope.
这让我们感受到了最重要的东西,那就是希望 。
There's a real upside to the end of the movie, if I may.
电影最后让我们看到了积极的一面 。
There is hope. I like that. I want to show everyone a clip. Here's Bryan Cranston and Kevin Hart in The Upside. Take a look.
我们有希望,我喜欢这个,下面和大家分享一下布莱恩·克兰斯顿和凯文·哈特的《上行》 。
Alexa, stop! Hey. What? I'll get the shower ready. I want that on. No, man.
亚历克萨,停下来,什么?我准备洗澡,我喜欢音乐,不行 。
Look, I get you trying to block out the world. But can you at least do it to better music?
看看,我试着去遮挡这个世界,但你至少放点好听的音乐吧?
Have you ever listened to opera? Yeah, opera's really big in prison.
你从没听过歌剧吗?歌剧很高大尚 。
You could hardly get a seat on opera night. Why can't we listen to Aretha?
晚上想听歌剧都很难买到票,为什么我们不听听艾瑞莎?
Hmm? You want to feed your soul, you listen to its Queen. Think about it. Yeah.
嗯?你想滋养你的灵魂吗?听听她的《皇后》,想想吧 。
You better think, think, think about..
你最好想想,想想 。
What you're trying to do to me...Think, think.. It's amazing, isn't it?
你想对我干什么,想想,很棒对吗?
I sound just like her. Yeah. When I close my eyes, which I needed to, it's uncanny. It's like identity theft.
我的声音很像她,没错,当我闭上眼睛时,我需要闭上眼睛,这很可怕,很像身份盗用 。
Which I needed to. Bryan Cranston, everybody.
我需要,布莱恩·克兰斯顿,朋友们 。