蓝宝石案(MP3+中英字幕) 第17期:蓝宝石现身(7)
日期:2019-01-16 11:42

(单词翻译:单击)

"Do you think that this man Horner is innocent?" "I cannot tell."
"你认为霍纳这个人是无罪的了?""我说不上来。"
"Well, then, do you imagine that this other one, Henry Baker, had anything to do with the matter?"
"好,那么你认为另外那个人亨利·贝克和这件事有牵连了?"
"It is, I think, much more likely that Henry Baker is an absolutely innocent man,
"我想亨利·贝克很可能是绝对清白无辜的,
who had no idea that the bird which he was carrying was of considerably more value than if it were made of solid gold.
他决不会想到他手里的鹅的价值比一只金子铸成的鹅的价值还要多得多。
That, however, I shall determine by a very simple test if we have an answer to our advertisement."
不管怎么样,如果我的启事得到答复,我就能通过一个极其简单的检验来测定这一点。"

福尔摩斯探案集 蓝宝石案

"And you can do nothing until then?" "Nothing."
"在此之前你无事可做了吗?""没有什么可做的了。"
"In that case I shall continue my professional round.
"既然是这样,我将继续处理我的日常业务。
But I shall come back in the evening at the hour you have mentioned,
不过我今天晚上会在你刚才说的时间回来,
for I should like to see the solution of so tangled a business."
因为我很想看看如此复杂的事情是怎样迎刃而解的。"
"Very glad to see you. I dine at seven. There is a woodcock, I believe.
"我会很高兴再见到你,我七点钟吃晚饭,我相信会吃到一只山鹬。
By the way, in view of recent occurrences, perhaps I ought to ask Mrs. Hudson to examine its crop."
顺便提一下,考虑到最近出现的情况,也许我应该请赫德森夫人检查一下那只山鹬的嗉囊。"

分享到
重点单词
  • innocentadj. 清白的,无辜的,无害的,天真纯洁的,无知的
  • determinev. 决定,决心,确定,测定
  • tangledadj. 紊乱的;纠缠的;缠结的;复杂的
  • absolutelyadv. 绝对地,完全地;独立地
  • professionaladj. 职业的,专业的,专门的 n. 专业人员
  • solutionn. 解答,解决办法,溶解,溶液