蓝宝石案(MP3+中英字幕) 第30期:追踪大鹅的来历(10)
日期:2019-02-27 17:29

(单词翻译:单击)

Sherlock Holmes hailed a four-wheeler which was passing.
歇洛克·福尔摩斯喊住一辆路过的四轮马车。
"In that case we had better discuss it in a cosy room rather than in this wind-swept market-place," said he.
"既然是那样,我们与其在这个刮着寒风的闹市谈话,还不如到一个舒舒服服的房间里细细讨论这个问题,"他说。
"But pray tell me, before we go farther, who it is that I have the pleasure of assisting."
"但是,在我们还没出发之前,请把我有幸为之效劳的人的尊姓大名告诉我。"
The man hesitated for an instant.
这个人犹豫了一会儿。
"My name is John Robinson," he answered with a sidelong glance.
"我的名字是约翰·鲁宾逊。"他眼睛向旁斜视了一下,回答说。
"No, no; the real name," said Holmes sweetly. "It is always awkward doing business with an alias."
"不,不,我是问你的真名实姓,"福尔摩斯和蔼地说道,"办事情用化名总是很不方便的。"
A flush sprang to the white cheeks of the stranger.
这位陌生人的苍白的脸顿时涨得通红。
"Well, then," said he, "my real name is James Ryder."
"好吧,那么,"他说,"我的真名实姓是詹姆斯·赖德。"

福尔摩斯探案集 蓝宝石案

"Precisely so. Head attendant at the Hotel Cosmopolitan.
"一点儿也不错,'世界旅馆'的领班。
Pray step into the cab, and I shall soon be able to tell you everything which you would wish to know."
请上马车吧!我一会儿就能把你想要知道的一切告诉你。"
The little man stood glancing from one to the other of us with half-frightened, half-hopeful eyes,
这个小个子站在那里,来回打量着我们,眼神半是耽心,半是希望,
as one who is not sure whether he is on the verge of a windfall or of a catastrophe.
这正是一个处于吉凶未卜的境地,对自己的前途毫无把握的人的表情。
Then he stepped into the cab, and in half an hour we were back in the sitting-room at Baker Street.
随后他上了马车,半小时以后,我们回到了贝克街的起居室。
Nothing had been said during our drive, but the high, thin breathing of our new companion,
在车上我们都缄默无语,一言不发,可是我们的新伙伴呼吸急促、微弱
and the claspings and unclaspings of his hands, spoke of the nervous tension within him.
两手时而紧握,时而放松,透露了他内心的极度紧张。

分享到