蓝宝石案(MP3+中英字幕) 第24期:追踪大鹅的来历(4)
日期:2019-02-14 13:18

(单词翻译:单击)

"Now, then, mister," said he, with his head cocked and his arms akimbo,
"那么,好吧,先生,"他扬着头,手叉着腰说,
"what are you driving at? Let's have it straight, now."
"你这是什么意思?有什么话咱们就直截了当地说个明白。"
"It is straight enough. I should like to know who sold you the geese which you supplied to the Alpha."
"我已经够直截了当的了,我很想知道你供应阿尔法酒店的那些鹅是谁卖给你的?"
"Well, then, I shan't tell you. So now!"
"噢,是这么一回事,我不想告诉你,就是这个样!"
"Oh, it is a matter of no importance; but I don't know why you should be so warm over such a trifle."
"噢,这是一件无关紧要的事,但是我不明白你为什么会为这件小事而大动肝火?"
"Warm! You'd be as warm, maybe, if you were as pestered as I am.
"大动肝火!如果你也象我那样被人纠缠的话,也许你也会大动肝火的。

福尔摩斯探案集 蓝宝石案

When I pay good money for a good article there should be an end of the business;
我花大价钱买好货,这不就完事了吗;
but it's 'Where are the geese?' and 'Who did you sell the geese to?' and 'What will you take for the geese?'
但是你却要问:'鹅在哪儿?''你们的鹅卖给谁了?'和'你们这些鹅要换些什么东西啊?'
One would think they were the only geese in the world, to hear the fuss that is made over them."
人们在听到对他们提出这些唠唠叨叨的问题时,也许会认为这些鹅在世界上是独一无二的了。"
"Well, I have no connection with any other people who have been making inquiries," said Holmes carelessly.
"噢,可是我和别的提这些问题的人毫无联系,"福尔摩斯漫不经心地说,
"If you won't tell us the bet is off, that is all.
"如果你不愿意告诉我们,这个打赌就算吹了。我要说的就是这个话。
But I'm always ready to back my opinion on a matter of fowls,
但是我会永远坚持我在家禽问题上的看法。
and I have a fiver on it that the bird I ate is country bred."
我在这个问题上下了五英镑的赌注,我敢断定我吃的那只鹅是在农村喂大的。"

分享到