(单词翻译:单击)
Baking is my communication tool with American people.
烘焙是我同美国人沟通的方式 。
I'm not so good to speak English, but I can make a good dessert.
我英语不是很好,但我会做美味的甜点 。
So during the holiday, I'm always making a Japanese Christmas shortcake.
假期的时候,我通常都会做日式圣诞蛋糕 。
I'm Nico Tortorella.
我是尼科·托托雷拉 。
I'm an actor, an activist and a firm believer that our differences actually make us stronger.
我是一名演员、活动家,我坚信,人与人之间的不同能够让我们变得更加强大 。
I'm on a journey with IKEA to meet real people and discover the diverse and spectacular ways they celebrate the holidays.
这次,我和宜家一起,踏上了一段邂逅真人真事,去发现不同的人群彼此不同却同样精彩的庆祝节日的方式的旅程 。
Maybe you celebrate Christmas with milk and cookies and a Christmas ham.
或许,你庆祝圣诞节的方式是牛奶、饼干和圣诞火腿 。
Or maybe you celebrate it with fried chicken and cake like Portland resident Mio Asaka.
或许你和波特兰居民浅坂美雄一样,庆祝圣诞节的方式是炸鸡和蛋糕 。
My name is Mio Asaka. I'm a baker and owner of Mio's Delectables.
我是浅坂美雄 。是“美雄烘焙屋”的糕点师兼老板 。
Mio runs a mini Japanese bakery right out of her own home and sells her goods at the Portland Farmers’ Market.
美雄在自己家开了一间小型的日式面包房,但她也会把自家的糕点拿到波特兰农贸市场去卖 。
Mio has this real passion for baking and sharing the traditions that she brought from Japan.
美雄非常热爱烘焙,也非常热爱分享她从日本带来的传统 。
Her specialty: the Japanese Christmas cake.
她的绝活儿是:日式圣诞蛋糕 。
We should probably go get some strawberries for this cake, huh? Yeah, yeah.
我们是不是应该准备点儿草莓啊?是的,是的 。
Wow, hi. How are you?
哈,你好 。你好 。
Mio's Delectables isn't just a business for Mio.
对美雄来说,“美雄烘焙屋” 不止是她的生意 。
It's a way for her to share her traditions and culture with other people and to really bring people together, especially during the holidays.
也是她与他人分享她的传统和文化 ,把大家聚在一起,尤其是节日期间,的一种方式 。
Hi! How are you?
你好,你好 。
Good to see you. Good to see you. Welcome. Come in.
很高兴见到你 。彼此彼此 。欢迎欢迎,快请进 。
I come bearing gifts.
我给你带了礼物 。
Oh, wow.
哇,谢谢 。
My Christmas tree is like this size tree, but I always decoration. You have to enjoy that.
我的圣诞树大概只有这么大,但我会经常装饰它 。你需要去享受那个过程 。
This is your son here?
这是你儿子吗?
Yes. Willie?
是的 。是叫威利吗?
William. William.
叫威廉 。威廉是吧 。
I admire Mio for being a single mother who works hard to create a warm, inviting and loving home for her family.
我很钦佩美雄,作为一个单身母亲,为了给家庭创造一个温暖、温馨、有爱的环境,她真的很拼 。
Ta-da!
好啦!
Japanese Christmas is pretty unique.
日本的圣诞节其实比较不一样 。
For a while, it was a really romantic holiday in Japan, kind of like Valentine's Day in the United States. Romance.
过去,圣诞节在日本是一个非常浪漫的节日,跟美国的情人节差不多 。浪漫 。
Fried chicken is really popular. Karaage.
圣诞节期间,炸鸡是很受欢迎 。炸鸡 。
And dessert—Christmas cake, especially—is a focal point for Japanese Christmas.
甜点——尤其是圣诞蛋糕——则是日本人过圣诞节的一大亮点 。
When I came to the U.S., I didn't know that this country not familiar with Japanese style type of cake,
刚来美国的时候,我不知道这个国家对日式蛋糕其实是不太了解的,
so I explained this cake is a very soft and not too sweet.
当时我就给大家解释,这个蛋糕就是比较软又不太甜的蛋糕 。
Now it is very popular.
现在我的蛋糕已经很受欢迎了 。
This looks so beautiful.
看起来真漂亮!
Japanese Christmas cake originated in post-World War II Japan.
日式圣诞蛋糕起源于二战后的日本 。
Middle-class citizens finally had access to sugar and other ingredients that had once been considered exclusive.
当时,日本的中产阶级终于能够用上糖之类的食材了,而那些食材过去是专供的 。
And from this, the tradition was born.
自那以后,日式圣诞蛋糕的传统就诞生了 。
All right, it's time to eat.
好了,该吃饭了 。
Japanese Christmas is an important day.
日本的圣诞节是一个非常重要的日子 。
We eat a big dinner with our family.
我们会和家人一起吃一顿丰盛的晚餐 。
It's very much like the U.S., but we eat sushi and karaage.
这点跟美国很像,但是我们吃的是寿司和炸鸡 。
Do you have any traditions before a Christmas meal?
在享用圣诞大餐前,还有什么传统是要注意的吗?
We say "i ta da ki ma si" Bon appetit.
我们会说“i ta da ki ma si”,“祝你有个好胃口”的意思 。
Bon appetit.
祝你有个好胃口 。
Mio is pretty inspiring.
美雄是个非常励志的人 。
She truly embodies the tradition represented by something as simple as a cake.
她就代表了那种像蛋糕这么简单的事物所代表的传统 。
Japanese Christmas cake is a symbol for prosperity and growth,
日式圣诞蛋糕是兴旺和成长的象征,
qualities that Mio really brings to life every time she bakes this cake for her friends and family.
而这些品质也随着美雄每次为朋友和家人做这个蛋糕而有了生命 。
There you have it, folks. Rudolph the red-nosed reindeer.
好了 。哈,你唱的是《红鼻子驯鹿鲁道夫》 。