经典文学《简·爱》(MP3+中英字幕) 第292期
日期:2018-12-11 10:03

(单词翻译:单击)

"If," said I, "you would just step upstairs and tell her I am come, I should be much obliged to you."
“如果,”我说,“你肯上楼去同她说一声我来了,我会非常感激的。”
Georgiana almost started, and she opened her blue eyes wild and wide.
乔治亚娜几乎惊跳了起来,一双蓝眼睛睁得大大的。
"I know she had a particular wish to see me," I added,
“我知道她特别想看看我,”我补充了一句,
"and I would not defer attending to her desire longer than is absolutely necessary."
“除非万不得已,我可不愿意迟迟不满足她的愿望。”
"Mama dislikes being disturbed in an evening," remarked Eliza.
“妈妈不喜欢晚上打搅她”,伊丽莎说。
I soon rose, quietly took off my bonnet and gloves, uninvited,
我不待邀请便立即顾自站了起来,默默地脱去帽子和手套,
and said I would just step out to Bessie who was, I dared say, in the kitchen,
说是要上贝茜那儿去--我猜想贝茜一定在厨房里,
and ask her to ascertain whether Mrs. Reed was disposed to receive me or not tonight.
叫她问问明白里德太太今晚是否有意接待我。
I went, and having found Bessie and despatched her on my errand, I proceeded to take further measures.
我去找到了贝茜,派她去干这件差事,并打算进一步采取措施。

经典文学《简·爱》

It had heretofore been my habit always to shrink from arrogance.
我向来有个习惯,一遇上别人高傲狂妄,自己便退缩不前。
Received as I had been to-day, I should, a year ago, have resolved to quit Gateshead the very next morning.
她们今天这么待我,要是在一年之前,我会决定明天早晨就离开盖茨黑德。
Now, it was disclosed to me all at once that that would be a foolish plan.
而此刻,我顿时明白那是个愚蠢的念头。
I had taken a journey of a hundred miles to see my aunt, and I must stay with her till she was better -- or dead.
我长途跋涉一百英里来看舅妈,我得守着她,直到她好转,或者去世。
As to her daughters' pride or folly, I must put it on one side, make myself independent of it.
至于她女儿的自傲或愚蠢,我应当置之度外,不受干扰。
So I addressed the housekeeper, asked her to show me a room, told her I should probably be a visitor here for a week or two,
于是我同管家去打交道,让她找个房间,告诉她我要在这儿作客,可能呆上一周两周,
had my trunk conveyed to my chamber, and followed it thither myself.
让她把我的箱子搬到房间里去。我也跟着去那里。
I met Bessie on the landing.
在楼梯口碰上了贝茜。
"Missis is awake," said she, "I have told her you are here. Come and let us see if she will know you."
“夫人醒着呢,”她说,“我已经告诉她你来了。来,看看她还认不认得你。”

分享到
重点单词
  • ascertainvt. 确定,探知,查明
  • trunkn. 树干,躯干,干线, 象鼻,(汽车后部)行李箱 (复
  • reedn. 芦苇,芦笛,簧片 Reed:里德(姓氏)
  • absolutelyadv. 绝对地,完全地;独立地
  • particularadj. 特殊的,特别的,特定的,挑剔的 n. 个别项目
  • arrogancen. 傲慢,自大
  • disposedadj. 愿意的,想干的,有 ... 倾向的 动词dis
  • defervt. 延期,缓召,把 ... 委托给他人 vi. 耽搁
  • kitchenn. 厨房,(全套)炊具,灶间
  • independentadj. 独立的,自主的,有主见的 n. 独立派人士,无