(单词翻译:单击)
Welcome to English in a Minute!
欢迎来到《英语一分钟》栏目!
American Englishhas a lot of animal idioms.
美式英语,有很多与动物有关的习语。
Here’s a common one:
下面就是一个常见的习语:
DON’T COUNT YOUR CHICHENS BEFORE THEY HATCH
不要过早地盲目乐观
Is this expression about math ,or farming?
这个表达是关于数学的吗,还是与农业有关?
My boss says I’m getting a raise!
我的老板说我快要加薪了!
Time to get a new laptop computerand plan my trip to Brazil...
是时候去买一台新的笔记本电脑,安排我的巴西之行……
Whoa, Whoa, Whoa .
哇,哇,哇!
I’m happy for you, Jonathan, but has the money actuallylanded in your bank account?
乔纳森,真替你开心,但是实际上有多少钱存入你的银行账户?

Well, not exactly ,but ...
额,并没有,但是...
Don’t count your chickens before they hatch.
不要过早乐观。
Don’t count your chickens before they hatch means you should not depend on somethinguntil it actually happens.
“Don’t count your chickens before they hatch”意思是你不应该过早依靠一些事情,直到它真正发生。
Not every egg grows into a chicken.
并不是每一个鸡蛋都会成长为一只鸡。
So you cannot count onhaving those chickensuntil they come out,or hatch,from their eggs.
所以你不能指望真正拥有这些鸡直到他们真正出现,或是从鸡蛋中孵化出来。
And that’s English in a Minute !
以上就是今天的《一分钟英语》栏目
