(单词翻译:单击)
Welcome to English in a Minute!
欢迎来到《英语一分钟》栏目!
This idiom sounds like it’s about a ...chair?
下面这个习语听起来与椅子有关。
EDGE OF YOUR SEAT
焦虑不安
That sounds a little risky,right?
这听起来有点危险,不是吗?
Hey,what are you watching? Shhh...this movie is so exciting!
嗨,你在看什么?嘘,这部电影太刺激了!
It has had me on the edge of my seatthe entire time.
它使我焦急不安,整个过程都很焦虑。
I can’t wait to see how it’s going to end!
我迫不及待地想要看结局了。
Oh, I’ve seen this movie. You are right. It kept me on the edge of my seat, too.
噢,我看过这部影片。是这样的,我当时也是看得焦虑不安的。

I can’t believe the main character dies. Thanks. Thanks a lot.
令人难以置信的是主角居然死了。谢谢,太感谢你了!
If something keeps you on the edge of your seat,you are feeling excited,or maybe nervous,about what is going to happen next.
如果有事情使你焦急不安,你会感到兴奋,或许会紧张,对于将要发生的事情焦急不安。
We usually use this expressionwhen talking about watching a movie,a performance or reading a book.
我们通常有这个表达,不论是看电影,观看表演还是看书的时候。
And that’s English in a Minute!
以上就是今天的《一分钟英语》栏目
