(单词翻译:单击)
Welcome to English in a Minute!
欢迎来到《英语一分钟》栏目!
Biting your nails is a bad habit.
咬指甲是一个不好的习惯。
But can you figure outwhat this expression means?
但是你能想象出下面这个表达是什么意思吗?
NAIL BITER
让人紧张的事
I am so excitedto watch the soccer game tonight!
我太激动了,今晚可以观看足球比赛!
I know! Both teams are really good.
可不是嘛 两支球队都很棒。

I think it will be a real nail-biter!
简直太令人紧张了
It’s prabably going to come downto the final minutes.
这场球赛可能会持续下去,直到最后一分钟才会结束。
A nail-biteris something that causes stressor make you feel nervous.
nail-biter(咬手指甲的人)是指给人压力的事情或者使人感到紧张。
Many people who are nervousdo actually bite their nails,which is where this expression comes from.
许多处于紧张状态的人,实际上都会咬指甲,这就是这个表达的来源。
In our example,Jonathan guessed that the soccer gamewould be a nail-biter,
在我们的例子中,乔纳森猜测这场足球比赛会使人紧张不已,
and that no one would know who would winuntil the final moments of the game.
没有人知道哪支球队会获胜,直到最后一秒才能知道结局。
And that’s English in a Minute!
以上就是今天的《一分钟英语》栏目
