(单词翻译:单击)
Welcome to English in a Minute!
欢迎来到《英语一分钟》栏目!
If something knocks your socks off,is it a good thing, or a bad thing?
如果能把你的袜子都打掉了,那该是件好事还是坏事?
Knock Your Socks off
让人感到非常震惊
Hey!Great job in the play last night. I was really impressed.
嘿!昨晚的表演非常棒
Aw,thank you so much! And thank you for coming to the opening night.
非常感谢!感谢你来参加昨晚的开幕秀
Well, I couldn’t believe it was u up there.
我真不敢相信舞台上的那个人是你
The whole play really knocked my socks off.
整个表演让人叹为观止
Maybe it’s time you gave up your day job after all?!
你是不是该把白天的工作辞掉了?!
If something knocks your socks off, it means you’re really impressed, and maybe a bit surprised.
如果某事“knocks your socks off”,说明你感到印象深刻,也许还有点吃惊
In the past, to knock someone’s socks off, actually meant to defeat someone.
以前,“to knock someone’s socks off”,实际上指战胜某人
But today, we use this idiom in a very possitive way.
但如今,人们常使用这个习语的正面含义
In the example, Jonathan’s performance really knocked Anna’s socks off!
在例子里,乔纳森的表演让安娜叹为观止
And that’s English in a Minute!
以上就是今天的《一分钟英语》栏目!
![](https://img.kekenet.com/app/keke/wap_app.png)