Holding Your Breath 等待时机成熟
日期:2018-09-21 13:30

(单词翻译:单击)

 MP3点击下载

Welcome to English @ the Movies, where we teach you American English heard at the movies.
欢迎来到《看电影学英语》节目,我们在这里教授你在电影中听到的美式英语。
Our saying today comes from the movie "Love, Simon".
今天这句表达出自电影《爱你,西蒙》。
My name's Simon. For the most part, my life is totally normal.
我叫西蒙。大多数时候,我过着完全正常的生活。
I have a family that I actually like, and there's my friends. We do everything friends do.
我有一个非常喜欢的家庭,还有一群朋友。朋友之间能做的事,我们都做。
We drink way too much iced coffee while gorging on carbs. So, I'm just like you.
我们一起猛喝咖啡,疯狂摄取糖分。所以,我和你一样
Except he says he has a huge secret. No one knows he is gay.
除了他隐藏了一个天大的秘密。没人知道他是同性恋。
Listen for the phrase "holding your breath".
留意听一下holding your breath这个短语。
I'm done living in a world where I don't get to be who I am.
我受够了活在一个不能做自己的世界。
I deserve a great love story.
我值得一场美好的爱情故事。
And I want someone to share it with.
我需要另一个主人公出现。
Have you ever been in love? I think so.
你爱过别人吗?算有吧。
These last few years, it's almost like I can feel you holding your breath.
过去这几年来,我一直能感觉你在等待着什么。

电影《爱你,西蒙》

So what do you think "holding your breath" means?
那么你认为holding your breath是什么意思呢?
Is it: waiting for the right moment or training hard for a competition?
是等待时机成熟,还是为了比赛刻苦训练?
Listen again, did you have the right answer?
再听一遍,你答对了吗?
Have you ever been in love? I think so.
你爱过别人吗?算有吧。
These last few years, it's almost like I can feel you holding your breath.
过去这几年来,我一直能感觉你在等待着什么。
Here, "holding your breath" means "waiting for the right moment".
这里的holding your breath意为等待时机成熟。
Simon has been hiding his identity. But then he falls in love with one of his classmates.
西蒙一直隐藏自己的身份。但后来他爱上了班里的一位同学。
And that is English @ the Movies.
以上就是今天的《看电影学英语》。

分享到
重点单词
  • phrasen. 短语,习语,个人风格,乐句 vt. 措词表达,将(
  • exceptvt. 除,除外 prep. & conj. 除了 ..
  • deservevi. 应该得到 vt. 应受,值得
  • identityn. 身份,一致,特征
  • competitionn. 比赛,竞争,竞赛